[31] Want To Come Inside?

Luckily for all four of us, we did, in fact, finish the lesson right on schedule. Kageyama had fallen asleep on the floor beside me, practically shivering on the cold wooden floor. I pouted, feeling guilty since he'd been waiting pretty patiently. Taking the club jacket I still hadn't given back, I draped it over him and used it as a blanket while Tsukishima and Yamaguchi finished up. The only thing left now was for me to count up their corrected scores

and then I could finally head home.

"Tsukishima, your 68 is now an 84, which is actually very impressive," I said, smiling widely at him. "That's a 94 in--"

"Yeah, I know," he replied curtly, packing up his belongings. I kept my smile and glanced at Yamaguchi.

"Your 60 is now a 67," I happily told him. He beamed and I couldn't have felt prouder of him. Even if he didn't get all the questions he missed correct, it was nice to

see that he had tried very hard. That's all I asked for when I tutored students, yet some always thought I expected perfection from them. That wasn't the case, I only sought out perfection when it came to my work.

"He'd probably be happy to wake up on the court in the morning," Tsukishima snickered as he stood up with his things packed, ready to go. Yamaguchi was right behind him and I sighed, knowing he was right but also knowing I couldn't very well leave him. It was against school rules.

"I'll wake him up," I told them with a wave, "good job with your work today!"

Yamaguchi responded merrily but was cut off by Tsukishima slamming the door shut, leaving me with a frown and a heavy sigh. I guess he just wanted to go home and didn't have time to say goodbye. My eyes turned to Kageyama, who was now sleeping slightly more comfortably on the floor. I didn't want to bother him, but it really was late now. Hesitantly, I extended my finger and reached over to poke him, pausing for a moment as I thought about which area would prove to be the most effective in waking him. I supposed the side or face would do, so I tried both. I took away his jacket. I slapped the floor beside him.

He didn't even stir.

"Don't do this, Kageyama," I mumbled, poking him again in the stomach. I pressed a bit harder this time, but he only ended up swatting my hand away. I frowned and crossed my legs. After a minute or so, I thought of something that could work.

"Volleyball is no longer an official Olympic sport," I said loudly, eyes widening in disbelief as Kageyama shot up from the floor, spitting out questions that I could barely understand. He started to slow down and eventually came to a stop when he realized where he was and turned to face me, eyes narrowed.

"Not funny," he said, standing up and stretching. I flushed as his shirt rose up slightly and glanced away, shrugging.

"It worked, didn't it?" I asked with a small smile. I stood up after him and made my way towards my backpack, picking it up and nodding towards the door as I slipped on his jacket. "We can start heading home now."

Yawning, Kageyama nodded and picked up his, now cold, pork buns, walking with me in silence. Making sure to turn off the lights beforehand, I locked the gym doors and glanced up at the sky, always content to see the stars. Although I still couldn't name each constellation, I could point out a few horoscopes, which was alright with me.

"What are you looking at? Is there a bird?"

I jumped back as Kageyama shoved his face into my personal space, nearly tripping down the set of stairs. Luckily, I caught myself and only wobbled in place to catch my balance, narrowing my eyes at Kageyama who had continued to look up

at the sky and failed to notice what he had done.

"That's dumb, there's nothing there," he said, pocketing his hands.