[18] Test-Run

Once I had regained my balance and managed to recover from the unexpected blow, I dusted off my skirt and walked over to my backpack, every now and then catching a word of Nishinoya-Kun's lecture about the school uniforms-- those which he was so passionate about.

"Are you going to go change, Tomo-Chan?" Suga asked me as I pulled out my manager uniform. I gave him a smile and a nod.

"I'm actually a little eager to get practice going since I have something I want to try out with everyone."

Suga nodded at me encouragingly, making my hopes climb a bit higher. Hopefully, this would be a great way to start implementing my help to the team.

I headed towards the changing room on the other side of the gym with a soft smile on my face when the main gym doors slid open, revealing Shimizu in her school uniform.

"Kiyoko-Saaaaaan!!!" Nishinoya's voice shouted loudly, making me cringe. "I came to see you, Kiyoko-Saaaaaaaan!!!"

"Ah! Hold it, you bastard!" Tanaka cried out as he too began sprinting up to her in clear desperation.

I shook my head and prayed she would be alright, rushing to change so I could be ready for the other club members. If everything went well today, helping everyone study would be a breeze.

By the time I had made it back to the gym, Nishinoya's cheek now had a large, red hand imprint and Tanaka-San was holding ice to his forehead.

As expected, Shimizu had handled herself well.

"Alright everyone, gather up!" Sawamura-Kun shouted as he saw me shuffle over. Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Takeda Sensei and Ennoshita were already prepared for the day's practice and had started crowding around to listen to the Captain's announcement, each expressing their own individual interest.

"Our tutor is going to handle our practice for today."

I smiled warmly as Takeda Sensei gave me a thumbs up, holding my head up higher as my confidence more and more grew. Hinata jumped in the air when he heard the news and even Yamaguchi started to smile along with Suga.

Taking a few steps to stand beside Sawamura-Kun, I waved shyly and bowed my head.

"I won't be changing much of your usual training," I announced, hoping to assure them all nothing would be too creatively warped. "It's just a small addition."

Setting my notebook down on the stage behind us, I waved my hand over towards Kageyama and offered him a small smile. He faltered slightly when he realized that I was motioning at him but thankfully slowly began inching himself over a few seconds later, shuffling awkwardly to reach the front.

To ease his uncomfortableness, I placed a volleyball in his hands.

"I'm going to be quizzing you all while you practice," I said, hiding my amusement as Hinata, Tanaka and Nishinoya all began to crumble to the floor, "and if you answer correctly, you can continue hitting the ball."

Tsukishima scoffed and pushed his glasses up.

"And if we don't answer correctly?" he asked, clearly doubtful.

I smiled. "You're not allowed to hit the ball until you get the next one correct."

This seemed to finally push the three over the edge, making each of them groan loudly as they began to pound on the gym floor in agony. I flinched.

"Er... why did I need to be up here, Tomo?" Kageyama asked me in a low voice as he turned the volleyball around nervously in his hands.

Hoping to not blow my small presentation, I pointed towards the court and gave a small sigh.