[17] The Girl's Uniform

"Nishinoya!!"

I slowly made my way over to Kageyama and Hinata as Sawamura and Suga began welcoming Nishinoya-Kun back, obviously delighted to have their star libero ready to once again face the courts just as he had done before.

Kageyama and Hinata, however, stood stunned and spaced out in their spots. I raised an eyebrow at their curious behavior and shook my head disapprovingly.

This was one of the reasons they missed so much information during class.

"Ah! Kageyama, Hinata, Tomo!"

At this, the boys snapped out of their trance and jogged over to the Captain, leaving me behind with a frown. Once I had reached them, Sawamura spoke to us with a wide grin, introducing us to Karasuno's Guardian Deity.

"This is second-year Nishinoya."

Kageyama and Hinata both raised their eyebrows and gave him a nod, obviously eager to see more of his skills on the court. I, instead of seeming desperately amazed, bowed my head slightly and simply held my notebook to my chest.

"Kon'nichiwa," I said, recalling every detail from the packet Shimizu had given me.

Nishinoya Yuu. Second-year, class 3. Libero and terrible student.

Another Tanaka, to put it lightly.

As I began flipping through my notes to make sure I recorded his similarity to Tanaka-San, Hinata poked my shoulder once, and after a few seconds, a second, third and fourth time.

"Quit it, Hinata," I whispered, scribbling down what I needed to as he kept at it.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

My eye twitched and I finally turned to him after the 16th poke, brows furrowed in perplexity.

"What is it?" I asked, unprepared for his sudden unnerving state.

Hinata was sweating and seemed rather shocked, worrying even Suga as he asked him if he was alright. He didn't respond and instead began to shake slightly. I gripped the notebook tighter as he stared straight towards Nishinoya and gulped when he slowly turned to face me, shoulders raised and mouth open wide.

I blinked and finally, he spoke.

"Tomo-Chan... Could he be... s...s... s-shorter than me?!"

My heart dropped in bewilderment and Kageyama rolled his eyes.

Unfortunately, Nishinoya had heard Hinata's shocking realization and began to bark at him, fists raised and teeth bared.