[21] Hinata Wants To Be The Ace!

Later that evening, after Hinata had somehow miraculously convinced Nishinoya-Kun into coming back into the gym with all of us --for demonstration purposes only--, everyone was about ready to head back home for the night and get ready for tomorrow.

Everyone that is, except the obvious duo that seemed to have volleyballs instead of brains, the tall tree, and his little friend.

"So how do you do it again, Nishinoya-Senpai?" Hinata pressed eagerly as he hopped in place.

I would have scolded him for being so annoying towards his Senpai, but he was enjoying the attention just as much as Hinata was dealing it. Which was a lot.

"It goes saa and then suu, like that," Nishinoya-Kun explained, bouncing the ball off his forearms. I blew a raspberry and crossed my arms at his terrible descriptions but otherwise stayed silent beside Sugawara.

"Then, pon!"

Behind us, Tanaka-San sighed and hung the damp towel around his neck lazily.

"It's no good... guys who 'move an instinct' aren't going to get one bit of what he saying." he told us, shrugging as Nishinoya finished his speech and Kageyama turned to us.

"I more or less understood what he said." he protested while picking up his water.

Suga and I instantly exchanged bewildered looks at this because, the entire time, we'd both been totally lost, despite the lovely sound effects that had been added in. Tanaka-San, however, squinted his eyes at Kageyama's comment and shoved a finger into his face.

"Whenever you're explaining anything, you don't really end up making much sense either, you know?"

My eyes widened and I nodded, poking my head in between them so suddenly that they both jumped.

"He's right you know," I said, extending my arms. "you go wham! gwahh! and whoosh!"

Kageyama made a face at me and turned away, muttering under his breath about how I was saying them wrong when a bouncing ball of orange quickly took his place, or more so shoved him out of the way. He stumbled to catch his balance with an awkward wave of his hands and Hinata took my hands and started to shake me back and forth in excitement.

"Tomo-Chan, tell me what a libero does all fancy-like!" he begged.

I blinked rapidly and took a few seconds to let my vision readjust after all the jostling since I was seeing two Hinata's too many and outstretched my arms to regain my balance.

"You dumbass, you're gonna loosen her brain!"

Behind me, I could hear Nishinoya-Kun calling Tsukishima a bastard for being so tall and I screwed my eyes shut as another wave of dizziness hit me.

"GOMEN TOMO-CHAN!"

I flinched at Hinata's shouted in my ear and waved him away hastily.

"Daijōbu desu," I mumbled, scrunching up my nose, "just don't shout, okay?"

He nodded with a sad smile and I pointed to Nishinoya, who was still jumping around Tsukishima in agitation.

"Libero, the base of the defense on the team. That's his specialty and secret weapon," I pointed to the net, "he is also prohibited from attacking with a spike, serve or anything similar. He's also not allowed to complete an attack or block hit from any higher than the top of the net."

Hinata's eyes sparkled. I smiled.

"He also replaces the player in the rear guard to--"

"--to act as a defense. Yep, that's me!"