[7] Oikawa Tooru

As I made my way back to the bench, Sugawara-Kun walked over and took the towels out of my arms, leaving me in relief because they had been starting to slip out of place. Shimizu made a spot for me beside her and Yamaguchi, and I turned to see Takeda Sensei now standing up, obviously more excited now that at this rate, we would win the set.

The volleyball went up, and down, and up again before finally, it landed in Kageyama's hands. My eyes locked on the target he was aiming to, and I smiled in approval as Tsukishima landed a rather well-done spike.

The boys cheered and Yamaguchi clapped his hands, calling to him from the bench in delight.

"Nice one, Tsukki!" He applauded, and Tanaka did the same, patting his shoulder forcefully with a wide smile.

Tsukishima, on the other hand, was uninspired by the point he had landed, and instead was staring down at his hand in humorless wonder. Then he glanced to Kageyama, and I bit my bottom lip in anticipation.

"Your tosses are too precise, they creep me out."

I groaned and Yamaguchi chuckled, looking towards me in sympathy.

"Yeah, that's Tsukki. You get used to him, but trust me, he's not that bad of a guy." He assured, and I glanced back over to the court and flinched.

"How about I aim for your glasses instead, bastard?"

"You can go ahead and try. It'll be funny to watch you get kicked out of the gym. Again."

Before they could continue, Sawamura-Kun placed a heavy hand on each of their shoulders, and the insults were stopped immediately.

Yamaguchi gave me an embarrassed smile and I chuckled, shaking my head before pulling out my notebook.

Yamaguchi: Supportive, calm and loyal. Easily distracted, in need of strict study habits.

"How did you know?" Yamaguchi mumbled over my shoulder as I finished scribbling his information down.

Sliding the pen behind my ear, I shrugged and tapped the side of my head.

"Tutor's intuition." I joked, and the players rotated clockwise once more.

The ball was served by Tanaka soon after, and Takeda Sensei pulled out a mini whiteboard and rule book, letting out a small sound of what seemed to be comprehension.

"Ah... I get it now..." He mumbled, and we all turned to see what he was talking about. His finger hovered above the whiteboard as his other hand opened up the rule-book. "Whenever we score a point and gain control of the serve, the players rotate positions..."

Nodding, Shimizu moved around the small chips that held the pictures of each player to correlate with the current match, and I smiled, seeing our defense had gained a large advantage.

"Exactly," Sugawara said with a smile, "Their positions are the exact opposite of what they were at the beginning of the match."

Shimizu thrust her thumb back at the court. "Now Kageyama-Kun, Ennoshita-Kun and Tsukishima-Kun are on the vanguard."

Mr. Takeda rubbed his chin thoughtfully before nodding, smiling and pushing up his glasses.

"Thanks to Hinata-Kun's decoy, when he's in the vanguard, we attack more often... on the other hand, when Tsukishima-Kun moves up to the vanguard row--"

"Aoba Johsai is met with quite a scary wall blocking their way." I finished with a small chirp, wedging my hands between my legs as I concluded Takeda Sensei's thought for him.

In front of the net, both Tsukishima and Kageyama were in ready position; arms up with hands open. But it seemed like Ennoshita was beginning to worry, and with just a glance to his right, everyone on the sidelines realized why.