[46] Part of the Team

Being someone of very small height that couldn't compare to Hinata's jump, I was pretty upset that I was given the task of wiping the board without any means of help. It was close to being time for me to start heading over to the gym but no matter how many times I tried, my arm wouldn't reach the top corner, keeping in mind that I was already standing on top of a chair.

I tried again and didn't even come close to wiping away the last math problem.

"Tch, how sad."

I wobbled slightly at the abrupt snicker at the doorway and hurried to step down, scared of falling if Tsukishima came any closer. I wasn't saying that he would push me off, but if I started to slip... I couldn't very well count on him to catch me. There was more of a chance that he'd pull out his phone to take a picture than help.

"Oi, I found her," he called out into the hallway, crossing his arms. I furrowed my brows at the realization that he wasn't alone and the scurry of feet skidding in the hall made me jump just as the familiar orange, black and olive hairs popped into view.

Hinata's eyes went wide when he saw me covered from head to toe in chalk dust and Yamaguchi pulled out a napkin that really wouldn't help much with how dusty I was.

"Tomo-Chan, let's go, we're gonna be late!" Hinata urged, unable to stand still. The highlight of his day was after sitting in a desk for so long and all his energy was starting to leak, so much that I swore I could see sparks fly around him. Kageyama made a face and stepped over to me, carrying both my things and his backpack. From what I could see, he seemed slightly grumpy and I couldn't pinpoint why.

"Staying behind and being a teacher's pet is going to make us all late," Tsukishima muttered as he pocketed his hands. I wasn't fazed by his comment and opted to ignore him to pat down my skirt to clean off any dust, offering Megane-Kun the eraser. Yamaguchi tugged on a strand of his hair nervously as he glanced back and forth from the clock but I shook my head to calm them all down.

"You're tall, clean that for me and we can go," I said. I pointed to the spot that I couldn't reach and Kageyama suddenly stomped over to swipe the eraser from Tsukishima's hand. Hinata and I flinched as he started to furiously wipe away at the board but Tsukishima only seemed content to have his hands clean again, ignoring Yamaguchi while he fidgeted with his uniform, inching over to stand beside his best friend.

I raised a finger to stop Kageyama when he kept wiping well after the board was clean but he slammed the eraser down on the metal grate below him before I could utter out a word. The room became cold and Hinata shrunk behind me when we all felt the eerie anger emitting from him, which was so strong that even Tsukishima glanced away. I fidgeted slightly and my hands started to tremble.

"I'm tall enough to reach too, you know," Kageyama muttered under his breath, lifting his head up to face us, blood-freezing frown in place, "ikou."

A shiver went down my spine and Hinata sprinted out of the room immediately, followed by Yamaguchi who was insistently pulling Tsukishima along. Kageyama stomped out afterwards and I hurried to catch up to them, making sure to give the classroom one last look over before I left.

"That English quiz today was so hard..." Hinata whined with his head tossed back, making me flinch. Kageyama nodded in silent agreement, snatching my hand up without glancing down to catch my reaction. A few students that were heading the opposite way passed by us, chattering and laughing about the upcoming school festival and we turned into the hall that led straight into the gym without bothering to think much about it.

"At least now we get to practice!"

Hinata's fists tightened at his chest as he started to bounce around again, unaware of the fact that no one else around him was jumping from joy. I sidestepped to avoid being bumped into and Kageyama snickered, rolling his eyes.