[11] Clumsy Times Ten

Tooru grinned happily as he waited for my response, but I was instantly shut back down into my shell when he mentioned my inability to prove myself outside of a classroom.

Even after we had won, the harsh realization set in fast enough to kill any sense of pride I currently had, because... He was right. I hadn't proved anything at all.

It had been the boys that won, not me.

I couldn't even catch a ball.

"Y-Yeah... It was offered t-to me by my Sensei..." I mumbled, closing that the top of the last bottle. "I-It got me out of g-gym..."

Now wrapping his arm around my shoulder, Tooru pouted sadly and ruffled the top of my head with a small whine. I flinched and almost dropped the water again.

"My poor Katsu-Chan, still the social weirdo and awful athlete as before! Tobio-Chan must be so hard on you!"

I bit my bottom lip and shrugged, glancing away. Toto blinked and let me go, leaning against the water fountain as he watched me curiously. Before I could explain that he wasn't as awful as people made him out to be, Tooru snickered and ran a hand through his fluffed brown hair.

"Why are you wearing his jacket?" He asked, eyes narrowing.

Cringing, I quickly slipped it off and set it aside, shaking my head at him.

"I-I-..."

"Wouldn't your dad be happy to know you've found a boyfriend!" Tooru continued, waving his hands around as he spoke. My heart skipped a beat and I frantically began to shake my head, mouth open with stuttering protests that were easily ignored.

"He said I could come by whenever I wanted, might as well do it sometime this week so we can all catch-up, right?"

My hand clenched at the bottle hard as Tooru kept shooting empty threats at me, and I hadn't noticed how tight my grip had become until the top popped off, once again spilling its water on my shoes.

Tooru jumped back with a chuckle.

"Ah, Katsumi-Chan! I was only joking, you know me." He teased as I frowned. "You're too awkward to have a boyfriend anyway. You were cold, weren't you?"

Refusing to answer his stupid question, I snatched his towel away and started to clean up the spill.

"I remember how easily you get cold."

Footsteps began to make their way towards us and I stood up, rinsing out the towel before handing it back in case it was his flock of fangirls coming to chase him down.

"Not f-funny."

Scratching the back of his neck, Tooru shrugged in disinterest.

"You know I wouldn't put you through something like that, Katsumi."

I opened my mouth to speak, but a loud squeak came out instead, and I jumped, covering my mouth in embarrassment.

"Hey!"

Tooru glanced behind me with an unamused eyebrow raise and I spun around when I realized that the squeak had been shoes on the hardwood floor and not me, relieved.

"We've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Tomo-Chan!"

Hinata and Tanaka both sprinted at us at full speed --despite the energy they had just spent during the game-- and slid to a stop right in front of me, wrapping me a tight hug before engulfing me in a tighter and more protective embrace.

"We thought you ran away!" Hinata cried, snatching Kageyama's jacket from the ground and wrapping it around my shoulders hastily. "We're about to say bye to the other team!"

My protests were muffled by the jacket and Tanaka took over, picking up all the bottles and patting my head with a grin.

"That speech isn't gonna let you off easy!" He declared. "Let's go, everyone's--"

Tanaka froze, turning to finally acknowledge Tooru with his terrifyingly intimidating glare as he stepped up towards us.

"Yahoo!"

I gave a heavy sigh as Hinata hurriedly hid behind me, shaking slightly as Toto waved at them both with a smile. Using all the strength my small body had, I pushed myself out of their grip and stumbled back out into the open hallway, brushing off my uniform as Tanaka raised a fist and dropped the bottles.

"I guess I have to go now, Tooru. Nice seeing you again." I told him as I began to pick up the water bottles again, now a bit annoyed at how many there were in the first place.

Luckily, Hinata hurried to take them out of my hands, eyes darting to Oikawa nervously as he rushed to get out of the hall as fast as he could, or more so to get away from him as quickly as possible.

I suppose the 'Great King' certainly scared them both.

"Tomo-Chan, let's go." Tanaka hissed at me, waving his hand as he slid around the corner.

Of course, he would go on and just leave us without a second thought. Panic-stricken, Hinata began to chase after him.

"Wow Katsu-Chan, you sure are going to have your hands full with them." Tooru chuckled, giving me one last wave before turning to leave me as well.

Sighing, I nodded.

These guys were certainly proving to be special, in their own respective ways. I didn't have the slightest idea on how to handle them yet, and Trashykawa wasn't helping in the slightest.

"As long as I keep to my word, everything'll be fine..." I mumbled as I picked up the pace to reach Takeda Sensei and the rest of the group outside, shutting my eyes as the sun temporarily blinded me.

As fate would have it, because of my eyes being closed, I bumped face first into Suga's back, pushing him into Sawamura-Kun in the process. To try and catch his balance, Sawamura stretched his hands out to stop himself with whatever was closest-- which was actually whomever; Tsukishima. His glasses fell to the ground as he fell over too, pulling Yamaguchi with him into the growing pile of toppled volleyball players. Somehow in the process, Yamaguchi got a hold of Hinata's arm, who then grabbed Tanaka's torso who snatched Ennoshita's head who then gripped Kageyama's shoulder, finishing the domino effect I had created unintentionally with a pretty ungraceful thump.

The eyes of Aoba Johsai's Volleyball Club widened, each glancing from the heap of groaning boys on the floor to me as Takeda Sensei and Shimizu both covered their faces, listening to Tooru's laughter.

"At least you didn't drop the bottles this time, Katsumi-Chan!" He chortled before getting slapped by Iwaizumi, the ace, wing-spiker, old friend and vice-captain of the volleyball team.

My face could not have turned any hotter.

Yikes, sorry this is short, I didn't realize that until now...

GOOD NEWS, THIS STORY WON FOR THE BINGE WRITING! Meaning? This story is going to be updated much more frequently!

THIS DOLL MADE A CUTE COVER FOR THIS STORY UWU @yatogirl

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED AND NEW CHAPTERS COMING SOOOOON~!

-

...If you want to be the last one standing, become strong...