[22] Broken Vending Machines, Broken Skulls

It didn't take long for Hinata to realize that if he wanted to become the ace, talking to the current one would probably be the next logical step. It only took a record time of two days. Fortunately, he knew exactly where to get his information from to track Asahi-Kun down. Unfortunately, said information was in my backpack at all times.

What a blessing it was to be in Class 3 instead of Class 1.

"Kageyama-Kun, what are you having for lunch?" I asked him once our mid-day lesson had ended.

I awkwardly stood next to his desk, bento box in hand. It was a stretch, but I thought that since we were both in the volleyball club, maybe I wouldn't have to be so alone during classes now. His response, though, wasn't so encouraging.

"Milk."

"M-Milk?" I repeated, confused. A few girls that were standing by the window snickered and I lowered my voice, ignoring the heat creeping up my neck and cheeks. "That's it? You have practice later t-today--"

"I know that, boke," Kageyama said lazily, cutting me off, "I'm just not that hungry around this time of the day."

My lips pursed at this and I instantly pulled a seat out, moving his empty notes (I would scold him for that later) out of the way so I could set down my lunch in the middle of his desk. He jumped when I slammed the small box down and glanced at me questionably.

"As your tutor, I won't stand by and watch you go on with a poor nutrition." I huffed, tugging at the lid roughly with my fingers.

Kageyama raised a brow as I tried to continue prying off the stubborn lid and after a few seconds of struggling, he extending his open hand to me. Frowning, I shook my head and gave it once last, harsh yank.

He rolled his eyes.

"Give me that," he snapped, snatching it out of my hands, "Hinata can open it faster than you."

My eyes twitched as he easily popped it open and gently handed it back, uninterested. He was really starting to remind me of Tsukishima's unexcitable demeanor. Even so, I thanked him and pulled out what I had been meaning to give him the whole time.

"Have a pork curry bun, it might still be hot so be careful," I warned, using the chopsticks to set the fresh snack down on a napkin.

Just as I had hoped, Kageyama's eyes widened at the smell the bun was emitting and he glancing at me as if I wasn't actually going to hand it over.

"Take it," I urged with a smile, holding up the bento to show two more pork curry buns along with an onigiri and vegetables. "Then you can go get your milk."

No sooner than I had spoken, the bun was snatched up and eaten, leaving crumbs everywhere. Kageyama seemed embarrassed at how quickly he had shoved the food into his mouth and hastily tried to clean away the mess but only ended up clearing off his own notebooks from the desk and onto the ground.