[28] Please Come Back, Asahi-San!

It didn't take long for me to get a smile to replace the tears that had slipped out, especially since Hinata was trying his hardest to get me to laugh. His jokes weren't even all that funny, it was how awful they were that made me giggle.

"I should think about being a comedian," Hinata said as we made our way to the third year wing again. Apparently, Hinata had a new plan to convince Asahi back into the team.

"The only thing that makes you funny is how your hair sticks out," Kageyama mumbled, snickering as Hinata nearly tripped over his words. I giggled and Hinata flushed.

"Y-You... don't be so mean!" Hinata stuttered out, hand waving in the air. "Being like that makes people upset, that's why Tomo-Chan started to cry!"

My smile faded and I covered my face, embarrassed at how easily I was being used as an example for someone who gets hurt. I didn't want Hinata to have the upper hand by mentioning my name so I struck my hand out and pinched his arm, forgetting for a moment that I had filed my nails not too long ago.

"Yow!"

"Serves you right," Kageyama said. I raised my fingers in his direction and he flinched, shutting up instantly. Hinata, now with tears brimming his eyes, rubbed his arm in pain as we waited in front of Asahi's classroom door, pausing to see which one of us would have the guts to open it.

Fortunately for us, Asahi beat us to it.

"Hello, Asahi-Kun," I said, waving at him with a smile. His eyes seemed completely glazed over and it took him a while to comprehend that we were there, and when he did, he blinked, puzzled.

"You guys are back," he stated, more so to himself than to us. Hinata nodded enthusiastically and Kageyama crossed his arms, knowing well enough Hinata would be the one doing most of the talking.

"Hinata has something to say to you," I said, stepping aside.

Asahi frowned slightly and rubbed the back of his neck, discouraging Kageyama and I. It certainly seemed like a one-sided conversation, even before Hinata could start talking. The orange ball of energy, however, wasn't moved.

"Why the interest in me, when I've never even practiced together with you?" Asahi asked with blatant doubt, "you won against Aoba Johsai with the current lineup, didn't you? You didn't even have Nishinoya with you then."

Hinata's cheeks puffed up with air and I placed my hands over my ears, eyes half lidded in expectation.

"IF ASAHI-SAN DOESN'T COME BACK, THEN THE SECOND AND THIRD-YEARS WON'T BE HAPPY AT ALL," he shouted, not caring that we were in the middle of the school halls. Several people turned around to stare at us and Kageyama scowled, seemingly ready to swing at him. I uncovered my ears and shook my head.

"Your voice was too loud!" Kageyama snapped. Asahi suddenly laughed, making us spin to face him.

"You guys are interesting," he complimented with a shy smile. Regardless, Hinata continued on, swinging his arm across in order to keep his message going. I envied the way he could so freely express himself and respected him at the same time.

"I can see everything on the other side of the net stretching out below me," he said, now stretching his hand as high as he could reach, which was slightly above Kageyama's head. "The ball hits my hand at the highest point and the weight of the ball in my hand is like... like..."

Hinata paused as he struggled to find the word he was looking for and I raised a finger in suggestion.

"Breathtaking?" I offered.

"Yeah, that's it!" Hinata shouted, jumping up and down. I smiled at his reaction and Kageyama rolled his eyes.

Clenching his hand, Hinata looked up at Asahi and grinned. "I really love it!"