[6] Water Break

The rhythmic sounds of sneakers sliding against wooden tile made me cringe from time to time, but nothing could ever have made me turn away from the match now that we had made our turning point. Even Yamaguchi-Kun, who had been politely quiet since the beginning of the game, was now cheering everyone on.

Finally having the courage to check myself, I grinned proudly to see that the score was 10 to 9, and the team was doing really well.

"Chance ball!" Tanaka cried, and Kageyama quickly went to set it at the front.

Aoba Johsai's middle blockers immediately locked their stares towards Hinata, who was sprinting to the net with arms already bent back. He jumped, and swung just as he had done before, but the sound of Tanaka yelling caught their attention seconds too late.

"I've been waiting for thiiiis!!"

Takeda Sensei bounced a bit in his seat as ball met wood, and everyone, along with Shimizu and I widened our eyes in astonishment because Kageyama had done it again. Another point because of a brilliantly calculated toss.

"I thought he had tossed to me...!" Hinata whined, staring at his palm in disappointment.

"What d'you think of that, Scallion-Head?" Tanaka taunted, pointing to the other member through the net, grin wide.

I pursed my lips and shook my head at Tanaka-San, and Suga patted my shoulder.

"You get used to him, don't worry."

The referee blew the whistle and once again the game continued. From the stands up above, the fans began to chatter, and I strained my hearing to see if I could catch some words here and there out of mere curiosity.

"Woow... even with an untrained eye, you can tell that their blocks are decentralized."

"Was Karasuno really that strong...?"

I smiled proudly, not caring that Takeda Sensei and I were the least experienced in the team with volleyball. Being part of the club with each member being so energetic (besides Tsukishima) gave you a burst energy that just wasn't there before.

"GYAH!!"

I shut my eyes as Hinata's chin received the ball, wincing along with Yamaguchi.

"..."

"But there's also a lot of misses too..."

Not wanting to be left discouraged, I jumped up and went over to pick up each member's water bottles, holding them in the folds of Kageyama's sweater before turning to let Mr. Takeda and Shimizu know what I was doing.

"I'm going to refill them with fresh water!" I said with a wave, and Shimizu began to stand when Yamaguchi shook his hands quickly at her.

"I'll go with her, it's okay!" He assured, before jogging over to me and taking some bottles off my hands.

I smiled at him and we calmly began walking to the doors, turning back once in a while to see the game when the sound of heavyweight hit the floor.

The water fountains were just around the corner, and as we made our way over in silence, Yamaguchi cleared his a bit before speaking.

"Eh... Tomo-San?" He said uncertainly, and I smiled brightly at him, setting down the bottles with a small thump.

"You can call me Tomo."

"Why are you wearing Kageyama-Kun's jacket?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I pulled the sleeves up a bit more to make sure they wouldn't get wet as I began to fill up the second bottle and turned to him, biting my lip softly in nervousness at being asked again.