F o u r t e e n

|Ariana|

2 weeks later

I pushed past everyone in the crowd and felt as the tears consumed my eyes making my vision blurry.

Once again Derek's action with a girl has gotten to me. Ava has told me not to let it phase me but it was hard. I really cared for Derek.

I tried to quickly wipe the tears off trying to find a familiar face. As I glanced around the room my eyes fell on Nate. I sucked up my new found hatred for him and started to walk closer to him. He looked at me with huge eyes and spread his arms out for a hug.

I didn't want to hug him, but I needed a hug. I needed to tell someone about all of this and everything that I'm feeling or else I'll just fall.

I hugged him, gripping tight onto him.

I sobbed onto his shirt as the music boomed loudly leaving a ringing feeling to my ear. All of Derek's music was playing, hence the feeling of me sobbing harder into Nate's tee.

"Come on." He whispered lowly stroking my hair. He grabbed my hand and led me back upstairs. As I past the room that Derek and I had, had sex in the so many times, I flinched.

I liked Derek, I really liked him and I wasn't quite sure I could keep up pretending not to care when he sleeps with another girl. I can't keep pretending like my heart doesn't drop or stop when he mentions any other girl around me.

I am not and will never be a relationship girl, so this dilemma I have is a lose lose situation.

We reached Nate's room. I sat down on his bed and he sat down with me.

I opened my mouth to say something but all I felt was pain. I cried onto Nate's shoulder.

The best solution for all of this was to end things. Tomorrow I'll end it I thought but then I remembered. I stared at the time and smiled slightly.

12:06 am

"Happy birthday to me." I said as I wiped the tears off of my cheek.

"It's your birthday?" Nate questioned.

"Yep." I said as I felt more tears stream down my face. "I'm fine." I whispered to myself.

"Hey, you gonna tell me why your crying." He soothed me as he rubbed his hand up and down my back trying to comfort me.

"I don't know honestly, Your one of his friends you'll probably just tell him."

"Nah." He smiled. "Derek is my best friend but I won't do that to you Ma. Your the first girl that Derek has constantly had sex with and hasn't lost interest in yet."

"No, I should get home anyways. I'm probably gonna get a lecture from my mother if I don't get home soon. And I have homework to do."

"Oh yeah thats right your a senior." He nodded his head.

"I'm gonna find Derek and tell him I'm leaving, I'll take a cab." I smiled getting up and making sure my mascara wasn't running.

"Nonsense ma, I'll take you."

"Oh okay." I said. He grabs my hand and drags me down the stairs with him. My eyes instantly fall on Derek, who I spot across the room. He had been caressing a girl and sucking down on the poor girls neck like she was a Popsicle.

"I'm going home. I'm gonna call it a night." I shout over the music as I arrive in front of Derek, Nate's hand still in mine.

His eyes land on our intertwined hands and I follow him as his eyes shot back up at me. His face dropped and he shifted in his seat.

"Whatever man." He laughed it off. "See you around."

I wasn't gonna lie, I expected a 'happy birthday' from him but there goes me and my stupid hopes.

------

"So you like her?" I questioned giggling.

"Maybe. Idk yet, I mean yea." He says looking straight ahead at the road then back at me.

I had been thinking a lot in the last few minutes I had just encountered.

Derek.

Derek was the center of my whole brain, my think was all depended on him. The real dilemma that is brought up is do I really want to commit to someone or do I just not want him to be with someone.

The truth is I'm not ready to commit to someone, I knew that I had to break up whatever this weird thing between us was because this getting hurt routine just isn't working for me.

"Which house is it?"

As we pulled up to my house I spotted my mom sitting on the porch. "Fuck."

"Who's that?"

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair. "My bitchy mother."

+++++++

4K OMG THNAKS GUYSSSSSSSSSS.

Drama is brewing, just so you know♡