f o u r t y

ariana.

i stood there dumbfounded by my sight. was i dreaming ? was i going blind ?

"baby who's at the door." i hear derek say.

i just stood there staring down maxine. my heart started racing, that couldn't be. i swear to god that baby better not be derek's.

Maxine just stares at me before clearing her throat. "I can come back if this isn't a good ti-"

She cuts herself off as i feel derek's hands grip my waist tightly she smiles. "derek i-"

"maxine you need to fuckin leave right now okay? i don't want anything to do with you. you messed up so much shit and i will not allow yo-"

Maxine cuts him off. "Derek it's yours." she says rubbing her hand over her tummy making me feel queasy. I remove derek's hands from my waist and walk away from the door.

I enter the kitchen as i let out the huge breath that i had been holding in. i felt my heart racing.

this wasn't happening.

I grab a fiji water and plop myself onto the counter. this could not be happening.

"i was finally happy." i whisper to myself.

i see derek walk into the kitchen and i immediately turn away from him. i couldn't look at him right now.. especially since he was shirtless and looked hot, i'm suppose to be mad.

"ari..."

"derek don't."

He came closer to me and put his hand onto my thigh. "she left but i'm meeting with her tomorrow morning."

I looked up at him almost instantly. i get down from the counter but derek tries to block me in. i try my best to get out of his embrace.

"ariana this could possibly be my kid, i can't just leave it alone, it's it's my kid for christ sake."

i just wanted to escape his presence.

"ariana come on. i didnt lash out at you for Nate did i?" he said bringing up nate, something he hadn't done for months.

i finally escape and walk away from him but stop in my tracks. "i need time derek to process this. and don't you dare derek james luh, you may have not lashed out at me but you did at nate." i say staring at the floor unable to meet his eyes.

    i storm up the long spiraled staircase and went to our bedroom. i changed out of derek's shirt and into a long pajama shirt from pink that read "bite me".

    i turned the lights off and tucked myself to bed without worrying about my phone or anything.

    i hear derek come into the room and join me in bed. derek then attempted to cuddle with me by placing his hands around me but i shook him off.

    god, why must you hate me ?