T h i r t y - s i x

|Ariana|

That call. The call I couldn't believe I had. A modeling agency wanted me. I wanted to jump up and down but then I thought.. would my dad agree with this profession and give me my trust fun?

"How's Derek?" My mom questioned.

My mom and I had been on good terms, lately she had been acting more kind and open to me. Ever since Her idiot of a husband left.

He was supposedly staying at some hotel and I could already see the changes in my mom.

"No change." I sigh.

"I'm sorry love." She stroked my back before returning to sit down onto the table. "Since david is gone I'm going to be going back to work at the law firm."

My mom was lawyer but ever since David came claiming that she shouldn't work and just stay home she took a break from her job.

"I'm proud of you mom."

"Ariana, I still don't support you having sex the way you are. It's dangerous you could get pregnant. but I trust you ari."

The significant change with my mom just made it all the more comfortable to be home. This summer I decided to stay with my mom instead of with my dad.

I had to meet with my dad tomorrow, and i had already visited Derek at the hospital so I decided to take a much needed lazy saturday.

    I found myself in the kitchen eating peanut butter apple slices. It was kinda weird.. because usually I don't like to mix my foods but I thought fuck it.

    I put on Netflix and spent the rest of the day watching my favorite telenovela and eating as much as my stomach would let me.

++++

    The next morning I got ready. I had a busy day meeting with my dad and then going to the hospital to see derek.. then making sure I turn in money for school and finally opening the letter that taunted me.

   Seeing If i got into Yale. A huge part of me wanted to not get in but there was a little side that just wanted to know that I was smart.

    The door bell rang. "You fathers here, so i'm heading out." My mom yells.

    I run down the stairs and open the door to see my dad standing there. I embrace him in a tight long hug.

    "Long time no see kiddo." He says making me feel little again.

    "There's been a lot going on for me these past few weeks." I sigh. "My friend he's-"

    "He?" He says with a chuckle.

    "Yes.. his name is Derek."

    "Is he your boyfriend?"

    "Uh no." I say frowning. "well he's in the hospital and i feel like i'm responsible he was driving angry and upset.. i caused him to feel that wa-"

    "It's not your fault hun. He chose to drive not you, don't feel guilty."

    I felt so guilty though. I felt so empty not hearing Derek's voice. Not having Derek in my life was one of the worst decisions i decided to make.

    Derek made me believe that I could commit , he made me want to stop fucking and to start making love. I loved him.

    Something that can't be said about any other boy.