T w e n t y - f i v e

|Ariana|

2 weeks later

"You've been so distant Maxine. Why are you barely talking to me." I plead asking for a reasonable answer.

Ever since I started school again about 2 days ago Maxine had been avoiding me. Had I done something wrong?

"I just wanted to give you your space."

I stare at Maxine. She was hiding something and I knew she was.she avoided me down the hallway, avoided my calls my texts.

"Maxine." I say feeling my temper boil. After she just shrugs I just look back to the front of the room.

I watched as Brandon scribbled something onto the board. He glanced at me his eyes filled with hurt.

Good feel hurt asshole.

My mother had finally let me decide to drop the charges, which was the best thing my mom had finally done for me.

My therapist and I go over the scene a billion times. It was like some weird exercises if you talk about it more you become more accepting with the situation.

It was getting better, everyday was making it easier for me to just wake up and see that this situation doesn't have to take over my life.

My phone buzzed. I smiled at the name.

Blackbear.

Blackbear:
|Carnival at 7. I'll pick you up at your house.|

Blackbear was great, he took my mind off of everything and was always there to listen.

I wish I could say the same for my best friend but sadly she hadn't even spoken in a full conversation with me since the party.

What did I do to deserve to be silenced by my best friend.

The bell rang instantly kicking me out of my thoughts. I get up and quickly follow Maxine.

"Ariana, I just need space to think." She whispers closely to my face.

I feel tears soon began to glisten my eyes. "What did I do to deserve this, Maxine I need you now more then ever."

Maxine's eyes full with sympathy, she pulls me into a hug. "I love you so much."

"Maxine, Im going to get Derek back." I say staring into space.

"Let's not talk about him girl. Your going through too much to be thinking about Derek. Rid your thoughts of him, he probably forgot all about you by now."

Maxine's words impacted me more then I would've really liked it too. Her words were harsh but they were right.

Derek was probably onto his next one right now and here I was still moping over him like a broken hearted puppy.

"Yeah, yea your right." I say lightly brushing aside the topic of Derek. I loved him, and I broke up anything that could've happened over paranoia, how pathetic.

"Good. Forget about him." For once Maxine set aside the fact that he was famous, she was actually stating an opinion for my well being.