Chapter 2

HaNeul, HyunJae, KyungMi, JinHee, and MiYoung sat at JinHee's dining room table, staring at the package that came from Korea. "Open It!" cried KyungMi, I can't wait anymore! "YEAH! come on! Lets just look please!" "It couldn't hurt~" JinHee said wondering out loud. She reached for the piece of tape hanging off but before she could touch it, her hand was slapped away. 

         "WAIT" HyunJae said, "We're not thinking about this logically~ we can't just run off to Korea; we have lives here! MiYoung what about Dion? and Hana what are you going to tell Adam? and what about school?" "She's right" HaNeul said, speaking for the first time finally lifting their eyes off of the carefully wrapped brown paper document envelope. "We can't just LEAVE" "Bu--" MiYoung interjected. "Let me finish MoMo, There are preparations to be made." MiYoung frowned. "I agree Hana~ You're right." 

"So what do we do?" Asked KyungMi. 

"If we open it, we're at the mercy of whatever is inside. We have to be sure we're ready for this." MiYoung said looking around the table at all of them. "Awwww when did maknae get so wise?" JinHee said looking at the groups youngest member. "Oh My Gosh! Me, You, and Kyung are the SAME AGE!" They all laughed. "Okay but seriously what are we doing?" HyunJae said. "Open it" KyungMi said after taking a deep breath, "Do it." "Okay now who wants to open it?" JinHee asked. "I will" Her mother said.

__________________________

        The girls turned to see Gina, JinHee's mother standing in the doorway of the dining room. She walked over to the table and sat in the empty chair at the head of the table and pulled the package towards her. She looked at the girls reassuringly and pulled the tape on the package. MiYoung grabbed KyungMi's hand and closed her eyes. Gina reached inside the package and pulled out an envelope. She opened it and read aloud: "Dear Applicant, Thank you for auditioning for SM ENTERTAINMENT'S  2013 YOUTH TOUR. Congratualations, You have been accepted. On June 14th  you will board Korean Air flight 256 at 6:00am. Upon arriving in Korea you will be met by an SM representative. Please note that the training opportunity is CONDITIONAL. All applicants (that survive the first day appearance cuts by our CEO) will have until the end of the summer to decide if they would like to stay with us. Parents, please be advised that your children will receive Health Care, Proper Schooling and Nutrition and everything else they may need as we prepare them for a life of stardom. Once again, Congratulations we look forward to meeting you in person. Sincerly, SeoJin Choi, Auditioning Dept. 

__________________________

           The girls looked at the letter and each other. "Well I guess we could go" KyungMi said. "Yeah it seems okay" JinHee added. "Since its only for the summer and we don't HAVE to stay~" HyunJae said. "Ahhhh~ I'm in!" MiYoung shrieked. "Me too!" KyungMi and JinHee said at the same time laughing. "Welllll~ I could use a free vacation and if we didn't it would have made auditioning pointless." "Mmmhmm you know Hyun Jae's right!" KyungMi said with a smile on her face. "And Hana~~ We can take a ferry to Japan on our freedays" she said with a big smirk spreading across her face. "REAL SUSHI!" Hana yelled fist pumping in the air. "So it's settled? My babies going Korea? They leaving me?" Gina said with a baby voice. "YES!" they said together.  

_________________________