Chapter 15

"We have to find my parents," Corey said as they both got up from the cold woodland floor.

"They were taken by the demons?" Panuleon asked.

Corey nodded and looked around. He didn't recognise where he was.

"It'll be a trap, they know that you'll come looking for them. But we'll take a quiet approach so they don't suspect anything."

Panuleon was trying to reassure Corey who had not fully recovered from nearly falling out of the sky.

"Okay."

He trusting Panuleon's words.

"Are you ready to fly again? Or would you prefer to walk for a while?" The angel asked.

Corey shuddered from the thought of being up there again.

Although, the first time he flew with Panuleon was quick and smooth. He did feel safe in his arms.

"Um, I wouldn't mind walking for a little while. If that's okay?"

"Of course" Panuleon smiled as they started heading North, through the woods.

"Do you know where the demons might have taken them?" 

The woods was nice and peaceful, with the odd trail leading into a mystery as they continued to walk.

"I have an idea but I can't be certain."

Panuleon kept a sharp eye on his surroundings.

"Do you think they'll hurt them?" Corey asked. His voice trailed into a whisper. He couldn't imagine living without his parents.

As much as they get on his nerves, he loves them with all his heart.

"I don't know. Demons are cruel, heartless and they'll betray their own flesh and blood to hurt others" He said which made Corey get a lump in his throat.

One of the demons did say that they won't hurt his parents for now, but that didn't sound very convincing.

He tried to put those thoughts to the back of his mind as they continued to walk.

* * * * *

They walked for almost 2 hours in comfortable silence. Panuleon could tell Corey was lost in his own thoughts.

The destination ahead was still very far and the angel found walking to be very slow and quite boring.

Being with Corey made it a little more bearable, though.

"Are you ready to fly?" He asked, really hoping that he would say yes.

They stopped next to a huge oak tree which had some names carved into it.

Corey nodded, knowing he'd be safe with him.

They stepped a little closer, feeling the warmth radiating from one another as Panuleon's hazel eyes looked deep into Corey's.

So far, they have ignored their feelings but it was becoming hard.

"Have you wondered about your ageing process?" Panuleon asked.

"No, should I?" He looked a little confused.

"Well, you know that angels age much slower than humans. Your lifetime is extremely short compared to mine."

Corey never thought about that before but he realised how little a lifetime is for a human.

"Remember when I told you your soul was thousands of years old?" He said as he made sure Corey was listening before he carried on. "Well, I can now see that your soul is exactly the same age as me."