Chapter 51

Things between Corey and his parents didn't stay awkward for long. After their talk, it just went back to normal. They have learnt to accept things as they come because after what everyone has been through, it would be impossible to predict what will happen next.

"No Panuleon, don't touch that!" Samantha said as she ran towards the cooker. Panuleon was about to touch the gas flames. It was the first time he has ever seen them and to him, the silky blue movement was very strange and unique. He wasn't aware of the heat.

"That's really hot, you'll burn yourself," Corey said and pulled him away.

"Oh, interesting," He said while crossing his arms. He smiled at his soulmate who chuckled and carried on thinking of ways to expose his power.

So far, it seems to show when he's angry, passionate, sad or under a lot of stress. Maybe, it appears when there is a big change of an emotion.

"I think so, that is when the gold in your eyes appears the most," Panuleon said, interrupting his thoughts.

Samantha has gotten used to them saying random things, she finds it quite amusing. She and Richard have made a game out of trying to piece together their conversations.

"Yeah, what about like, extreme happiness or something?" Corey watched Panuleon lean casually against the worktop. "But I don't think I could get any happier."

Samantha smiled to herself as she stirred the homemade soup.

"What makes you angry?" Richard asked and juggled a lot of cups before putting them in the sink. He had been standing in the kitchen doorway for a while. Sometimes, he likes to observe what people are doing.

"Not a lot," Corey sighed, wishing he could understand it more.

"What about meditation?" Panuleon suggested. "You could try to reach it if you calmed your mind and looked for it."

Corey walked over to him with thought.

"That could work, maybe," He smiled.

Panuleon uncrossed his arms so he could take Corey's hands in his.

"I think we should try it," He said softly, wondering what strengths are circling in his soulmate.

"You can try it after your dinner," Samantha smiled before carrying the bowls to the table.

"Angels are so optimistic" Richard murmured to himself, not realising that Panuleon has better hearing than a bat.

"What if I... lose control?" Corey asked while they sat down at the table.

"If you do, I'll calm you down."

Even though they have no idea how his power works and how much of it there is, they both know that whatever happens, they can't ignore each other.

Throughout dinner, Corey and Panuleon discussed what might potentially happen. His parents have no clue what to expect. They missed his first outburst, due to the demons. They imagined it to be something powerful and maybe a little dangerous.

Of course, it was dangerous, how could something so magical and unexplained not be?

* * * * *

After Panuleon dried the last bowl and put it in the cupboard, he turned to see Corey pulling out the plug in the sink.

"Are you ready?" He asked softly and watched Corey nod. He needed to make sure he was comfortable with what could potentially happen. It was a mystery to them both. Most humans are scared of the unknown. Especially if it's from within.