Chapter 8

For most of the drearily long night, Panuleon watched over Corey and often found himself deep within thought about his current life situation. He never imagined that he would be in a human's bedroom, hiding from demons and not allowed back to heaven. He has come to terms with it, as hard as it was to accept.

He thought about the demons and he thought about the angels. But most of all, he thought about young Corey. He pondered over the strange pain sensation he has and how he heard when Corey was in trouble. Clearly, there is some form of a connection. But what could it be, how could it be happening, why is it happening, and why him?

It was around eight in the morning when the human started to stir. He lifted his hands up to his tired eyes and rubbed them until they were able to open. He felt dazed, confused, but well rested with a clear and fresh mind.

Panuleon was casually sitting on the edge of his bed, watching him with an intrigued expression, just like what he had been doing for hours. In any other situation, it would be unsettling to be watched by someone. But with an angel, nothing was more comforting.

However, Corey received a fright when he saw him almost forgetting he has a guest, hiding in his bedroom. Quickly remembering, he softly smiled and sat up, still filled with sleep.

"Morning," He mumbled with a croaky voice, making the angel smile for some unknown reason.

"Good morning." He watched Corey climb out of bed and stretch. He finds humans very interesting in the morning as their bodies reboot themselves, ready for another day ahead.

Corey walked over to the window and opened the curtains, only to flinch at the bright morning. The sun was hidden but the clouds were pearly white and covered the sky, hiding any evidence of summer.

Panuleon strolled over to the window and peered down and into the garden. He scanned the area, sensing that something was nearby but he could not be sure as to what it was. His angel senses were tingling slightly, yet it wasn't enough to cause him any worry.

A few moments passed of intense listening until he could no longer detect anything and returned his attention back to the human who was watching him, noticing that there was something wrong.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, just checking the area," He beamed, not wanting to worry him.

Corey shrugged and rubbed his eyes again. His eyelids were heavy, his vision was a little blurry but his mind was beginning to rise from his sleepy state.

"Would you like some breakfast?" He asked, not really knowing if angels eat or not. In fact, he still knew very little about the creatures and had plenty of questions to ask when the time was right.

Panuleon thought for a moment before asking if he had any apples. He liked the crunch and the juicy texture. The red ones are what he prefers. Sweeter tastes were more pleasant in his inexperienced mouth.

"I think so, would you like one?"

"Yes please."

Corey then declared that he wouldn't be too long and headed out of the bedroom. It was cold in the house and he regretted not wrapping himself in an oversized jumper. It wasn't his style to be oversized, they were incredibly comfortable and naturally too big, considering his little height.

When he reached the kitchen, his mother was sitting at the table with a cup of tea. She was dressed out of her pyjamas and looking rather radiant in the morning light.

"Morning love, how did you sleep?" She asked while he got himself some cereal.

"Great, actually," He admitted. This was the first time in a while where he has slept the whole night without waking up. Maybe because there was an angel watching over him?