episode 3 - one drink won't hurt a fly (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

  Sly got a text message from Joe, reading, "Angry. Where you at?"

"Club Faelashio," he replied.

"I'll be there in a few."

"Cool."

Sly returned his phone in his pocket. He was sitting at the end of the counter watching Honey serve drinks to the other customers. Her smile was infectious, and he caught himself grinning. Sly had been trying to find the courage to ask her on a date for months, but he always chickened out at the last moment.

She is the girl of my dreams.

Every movement Honey made, Sly's eyes followed until she stood before him. "Hey, you," she greeted.

But he gazed the word JUGGERNAUTS written on the chest area of her short, white sleeve crop-top.

"Hey." She shook his arm.

Sly got out of his mini trance. "Um... h... hi." He wanted to say more, but he put on a big smile while his eyes widened to their full capabilities. He looked like Joker from Suicide Squad. Feeling embarrassed, he looked down and shook his head in displeasure.

"What's wrong?" Honey asked.

"I like you so much, but I do not know how to tell you. Whenever I come here, I want to grab your hand and tell you how much I want you to be mine. But it is like my tongue gets heavy suddenly and I become unable to speak. I get jealous when other men approach you and try to touch you inappropriately. It hurts, but I cannot do anything about it. I may not be the richest or know how to hold a conversation, but I promise I can love you like no one else."

That's what Sly wanted to say, but instead, he went with:

"Nothing. I am tired that is all." Moments like these made Sly wish he had Joe's courage. No matter how many times Moon told his best friend there was no chance in hell the two of them will be together, Joe still pursued her.

"I have the perfect drink. Wait here." Honey turned and walked away.

Sly couldn't help but stare at her enormous derriere, hidden in her dark blue jeans. There was something about her that reminded him of The Lion twins.

"Here you go." She returned, handing him a glass full of liquor and a slice of orange placed on the edge.

Sly spun and smelled it. "What is this?"

"Sex On The Beach." Honey heard someone calling her. "I have to go. Enjoy." She left.

Sly preferred a Martini when it came to cocktails, but he wasn't shy in trying new things. Taking a sip, it tasted like a fruity rum drink - sweet, but tangy.

"There you are," said Joe, taking a seat next to Sly. "How is it going?" He looked cheerful than usual.

"Other than failing to chat up Honey, nothing. You?"