episode 3 - one drink won't hurt a fly (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Being a Zodiac hunter required patience of the highest level. The creatures were rarely seen. And once they appeared, they were hard to kill. But Moon loved a challenge. She was in Mallope, a town on the west side of Jericho, famous for making maple syrup and delicious pancakes.

Wearing a red off the shoulder top with a scoop back - well balanced by a low-v neckline - and a black lopped sailor self tie over the front showing off her alluring bust, Moon felt comfortable. She was a fan of the nineteen-sixties era, quoting it as the prime of fashion, and began a movement to bring it back.

Waiting in her car, she watched a black SUV pull up and two women got out. They were arguing, much to her annoyance. "Not again." She shook her head and sighed, disappointed. The two were proof she had made the right call to leave them and work alone. They were always a headache, forcing her to intervene in their arguments.

And being the middle child, she was put in awkward positions of having to choose a side.

"Moon, tell Mercedes she's wrong to wear a dress on our hunt," Margarita, her older sister, said after she entered the car. She donned a dark green leather jacket, a blue t-shirt with a picture of a burning skull, and leather pants. She called herself the modest one of the three.

"I was on a date, what did you expect? Unlike you Marg, some of us hate wearing leather clothes all the time," Mercedes defended her slim waist, long sleeve dress with birds patterned all over it. "Plus, I told you to bring me pants and a t-shirt, but you forgot."

"I have a lot of things on my mind," replied Margarita.

"Trying to convince Lana's boyfriend to leave her for you isn't what normal people call a lot of things on my mind." Mercedes folded her arms. "It's being a backstabbing bitch."

"And you having dinner with your sugar daddy to get money for a new purse isn't called a date, it's prostitution." Margarita rolled her eyes and looked away from her youngest sibling.

Being a fan of Wendy Williams, Perez Hilton and TMZ, gossip became one of Moon's hobbies. "Mercedes, who is Lana's boyfriend?" she asked.

Mercedes' heavenly-honey toned face lightened up at the question. "It's this tall Spanish guy called Hernanes. Marg here has been swooning over him for months now, always using indirect ways to tell him to leave her friend."

"I don't use indirect ways. I told him if he wanted to be with a real woman, then he should look somewhere else... Somewhere close by," replied Margarita. "And let us forget about me for a moment and talk about you, Mercedes. Why do you sleep with older men for money?"

"I do no such thing."

"Come on, Mercedes, even I know that isn't true," chimed Moon. Her younger sister was what people nowadays called an Instagram model. She never had a job, but always flew overseas in company of rich and powerful men. Moon remained silent when it came to the nineteen year old. Margarita did most of the talking. But Mercedes' trips to Hawaii, France, Japan and South Africa over the last year proved Moon's theory - her sister was a whore. "Be proud of what you do, Merce. If you're sucking dick for money, then-" She chuckled. "-don't be ashamed."