episode 15 - you meddling kids (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Daisy swung her machete at a charging commoner, decapitating its head. She ducked another one's sharp claws, cut off its hands, before spinning around it and slicing its head off. She watched the head roll on the ground with a smile. She was having fun, much fun than when she fought Yuri. Though they nearly killed him, she witnessed the end of her parent's marriage, and her mother choosing a vampire over her family.  

"Off with the heads!" Joe mimicked the Queen from Alice In Wonderland, before chopping off one Commoner head after another like wood. Even he seemed relaxed and having fun. It had been a while since Daisy saw him like that, especially when her father always down his throat. 

Lately it seemed like The Turner family had fallen apart and there was no coming back. She was mad at her parents for not trying to save their marriage. Joe was pissed at his grandparents after finding out they had killed innocent monsters, which went against everything they had taught him throughout his life. 

Now they only had each other and their friends to rely on. 

Two commoners came for her. She dodged one at a time. Then, she grabbed one of them's thrown hand and kicked the other on the chest, sending it rocking backwards. With the former still in her grasp, she slit its throat and slashed off the top half of its head.

Blood splattered all over her, getting in her mouth and hair. She spit it out, before rubbing her face with her arm. I love this. She felt the adrenaline kick in and went on a killing frenzy. She felt strong and unstoppable, like the Hulk. 

Meanwhile, Moon had cut off the legs of a Commoner. It shrieked and its fellows came to its rescue before she could kill it. The Commoner, shielded by three others, transformed into his human form. 

"Moon, it's me, Marcus. We met at the bar," he said. 

Moon tilted her head sideways. "Marcus? Is that really you?" 

He nodded. "Yes, it's me. Remember the fun we had? The dancing, the touching, the kissing, you enjoyed it all, right?"

"I did very much." Moon smiled. "And now I'm going to have fun killing you." She dashed at Marcus' direction, jumped in the air and came down swinging the machete. She slit one of the Commoner's eyes, another one's temples and the last one's nose and mouth. The three screeched in pain, stepping away. 

Moon was left alone with Marcus. He couldn't run without legs. She smiled, menacingly. "You're not her."

"What a surprise." She lifted the machete in the air, then swung it past Marcus' neck. She walked up to the decapitated head and started stomping on it. 

"Moon, behind you!" Daisy warned her.

The young woman rolled to the side, escaping a claw to the back of her neck. She got on her feet quickly and cut off the Commoner's head. She had a smile Daisy had never seen. Not that Moon never enjoying killing monsters, it's just that when it came at the expense of ruining her expensive, designer clothes, she always ended up complaining.