episode 13 - high on confidence (3)

The YouStream Awards was one the biggest award shows in modern society. All the biggest YouTube personalities were attending, and Sly was among them. He had on simple clothes that day; a burgundy hoodie with a white shirt and black tie underneath, and denim jeans. By his right side stood Honey, all the camera lights flashed her way. 

She too chose to keep it simple that night, preferring a dark blue crop-top and grey high waist pants. Her ensemble was completed with black aviator sunglasses and a grey purse hung from her wrist. 

"Your sister is beautiful than I remember," Shaun told Fox and Wolf as the three stood at the show's entrance. It had been nearly five months since they saw her, though they had spoken on the phone a few times. "Is Sly her new boyfriend?"

Wolf, who had a frown, clenched his hands. "We need to get that monster as far away from her as possible," he said. 

"But how? Anything we do might make him suspicious. I knew we should have gone to Daisy's friend and told her the truth."

"No, Shaun. We don't need more people involved with this. We found out he was working with Slenderman, and we will be the ones to deal with him. Got it?"

"Yes." Shaun turned to Fox. The boy was behind the camera as usual, filming. He mouthed, "Talk to him."

Fox shrugged.

There was no talking Wolf out of something once he had his mind set. He was the one who had opened the eyes of Shaun and Fox to the existence of monsters after he was attacked by a Harpy on Halloween many years ago.   

"Have any ideas how we can separate the two?"

"Yes," replied Wolf. "Watch this." He sped through the crowd of YouTube personalities being interviewed or taking selfies on the red carpet and stopped next to Honey. Without saying a word, he put his hand around her arm and pulled her to where Shaun and Fox were.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" Honey asked through gritted teeth. "I swear if we weren't in public I would have beat your ass."

"Good to see you too, sis. It's been a while," said Wolf, sarcasm filling his tone as he rolled her eyes. "What are you doing with him?" he asked her.

"Who? Sly?" She glanced at the young man, then crossed her hands on her chest. "It's none of your business."

"It is my business when you're with him." He pointed his finger towards Sly. "He's dangerous."

Honey laughed. "Dangerous? Sly wouldn't harm a fly."

"Yes, he would. Everyone harms a fly," chimed Shaun.

"Shut up, Shaun!" Honey said.

"Yes, thank you, ma'am."

"OK, I didn't want to pull this card, but, if you don't stop seeing him, I'm telling Dad," Wolf rose his brow, smiling.

"Really?" Honey pulled Wolf, put him in a headlock and gave him a noogie. "You're a snitch now, huh? I knew once I left the house you'd become a little bitch." She let him go and Wolf brushed his hair back into place with his hand. Honey looked at Fox. "What about you, you're daddy's little snitch too?"

Fox stepped back, still recording everything. 

"Yeah, you better run. I stopped listening to Dad a long time ago. I don't care what he thinks about me anymore." 

"Why won't you understand," Wolf groaned. "Sly is a bad person."

"And why won't you understand, I am telling you he's not," she replied. 

"How sure are you?"

"One hundred percent."

"Do you even know him that well?"