episode 10 - midseason finale (3)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Detective Cole was an idiot, that was what Daisy had concluded after he had once arrested her and Joe on suspicion of murder. Didn't he know that they were the saviors of Ramere? Protecting the city from being controlled by monsters.

Though most humans were unaware of their impact on society because the world was still ignorant when it came to monsters existing, the twins were making a difference one day at a time.  And yet, when she told Detective Cole the truth about what was going on, he thought it was the perfect moment to arrest her and Joe for the murder of gypsy werewolves. 

Murder? Daisy had never laughed like that day. Even her mugshot showed her with a smile and tears on her face. Eventually, they were released from custody an hour later and the commissioner apologized for his detective's wreckless actions.

But all of that was the past. Currently, Daisy was in need of Detective Cole's help. He had the information she needed. Walker, another hunter in the city, had informed her that Cole had found something strange about the missing children's case, and if she wanted to stop whoever was behind it, she needed to put her hate for the man aside and talk to him.

She resisted at first, but the case was going nowhere with what she had so far. Her and Joe were as further from the truth as when they started and her mother and father's separation gave her headaches. She needed something to focus on. 

The twins entered Ramere Police Department and the officers turned towards them. They had a concerned look, knowing how much their fellow despised the two. But Daisy gave no mind to them and walked straight to Cole's desk.

The detective was staring at his phone, scrolling downwards in search of something. "Why do I smell murderers in front of me?" He didn't gaze up, still focused on whatever he was looking for. Walker tapped his arm and he turned to his partner. "What?" Walker nodded towards the twins and Cole looked at them, and smiled. "Well, well, well, look who it is." He pointed to the two vacant chairs before his desk. "Sit."

Daisy and Joe plumped on the chairs. "We need someth-"

"Wait," Cole interrupted Daisy. "Unless you're hear to confess your crimes, I don't want to hear anything from you two. Especially you," he pointed at Joe, "you pretty prick." 

"What did I do now?" asked Joe.

"You know," replied Detective Cole.

This man is an idiot, thought Daisy. "Listen, detective, we heard you were the one handling the abduction case. We want to know the suspects you have." 

Cole chuckled. "I am sorry, such information can not be revealed to the public."

Daisy glanced at Walker and the dark skinned man shrugged. Refocusing on Cole, she knew he was a hard one to crack. He spent years trying to send them to prison for whatever wrong thing he thought they had done. And if she wanted his cooperation, she had to give him what he needed.