episode 4 - home is where the heart is (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Daisy waited for Joly Holy in the lobby of Very Manly, a hotel owned by Victor Manly. She had on a grey crop top covered by black zigzag stripes and dark blue jogger pants.

Glancing at her watch, it was thirty minutes past eight. Junipa had messaged her to be at the hotel by seven a.m otherwise the author would leave for the book signing without her.

But it was nine-thirty and there was no sign of Joly.

Her foot tapped on the tiled floor repeatedly. She was impatient (especially when a specific meeting time was set), everyone close to her knew that, but she was trying so hard not to be in order to meet her favorite author. 

She grabbed her handbag under her black floppy hat on the couch and placed it on her lap. Looking through her stuff, she saw her manuscript and breathed a sigh of relief.

Being in a rush, a part of her doubted if she had remembered to carry it with her. And after getting some useful feedback from Moon and Nosey Mary, Daisy needed one from Joly Holy.

If the woman liked it, then she would proceed with her plan to edit it before handing it over to Junipa. But if Joly hated it, she was going to break it all down, reconstruct the plot, and start writing it as a new story.

Daisy only had patience when it came to being an author. She knew it took time and she was willing to do the long wait. Any masterpiece wasn't thought of and created in a day, and she had every intent on being the next Pablo Picasso of writing. Even though a novel about erotic vampires wasn't one to appeal to the masses. 

"Daisy!" someone called her.

She recognized that orotund voice. It was Nosey Mary. What is she doing here? Her lips curling upwards, she turned to the chubby woman and replied, "Hey,"

Nosey Mary wore a long black Hijab. It covered her entire body, except the face, hands and feet. "What's up home girl?" she greeted.

"Mary, what are you doing here?" Daisy got suspicious when her coworker asked about the whereabouts and time she was meeting Joly. But she took it as nothing more than Maryanne wanting to know about her business, not that she planned on joining her. "And why are you wearing a Hijab?"

"It's World Hijab Day. Why aren't you wearing any?" Nosey Mary gave the girl a questioning look. "I told you we should join the movement this year and you accepted. That's why I asked for a day off today, so I could hang with you, my Hijabi sister-" She looked around. "-and the famous author you're here to see."  

"I forgot," Daisy lied. She remembered in the morning and even took out her Hijab from her closet. But Moon intervened her mid-dressing and convinced her to wear something nice and cute. She was not only meeting Joly Holy, but the woman's fans too. She needed to leave an impression on people who might possibly be her supporters some day.