episode 19 - where it all changed (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Detective Cole was joined by six Crocos, their tongue slithering between their lips as they scanned their preys. They were the near-perfect allies for a creeper such as Slenderman. Tough and hard to kill. Cole could use that to his advantage and kill off the hunters one at a time. 

Joe was sidelined by the late Ellen. Slenderman had one less hunter to worry about.

"This is going to be fun," Cole said, stretching his arms to the side. He spun slowly, to get a better view of where every hunter was, pointing his sword-like hands at them one at a time. Once he was done, he screamed, "Kill them!"

Why is he in his human form? Daisy thought, holding her machetes as she for one of the crocos to attack her. "Guys, remember; Cut off theirs tails first, then stab them in the heart. That's how you kill these things," she said.

"Noted," Moon replied, aiming her crossbow to the one that was charging towards her. 

Clint had taken Joe's axes and held them tight, positioning himself in a fighting stance (knees bent low and arms extended). In that moment, he reminded Daisy of Joe. They looked so much alike. If only they could get along. 

A croco with a working right eye and a scar in place of where the left eye one should have been, attacked, thrusting the side of its fist at Daisy. She rolled to the side and swung both her arms twice, cutting its scales and leaving exposed skin. 

The croco faced the sky and roared in pain, before new scales formed and covered his flesh.

"I hate them," she said under her breath. 

Not once had she ever fought one of them alone. No one ever fought Crocos alone. It was hard trying to distract them for long enough to get behind them, cut their tails and then find another chance to stab them in the heart so they could die. 

It took two to tango with a croco, and Slenderman knew that.

Moon ran on top of the car Joe was in and front-flipped, escaping the sharp claws of a croco that had thrust itself forward. She rolled on her back and got back on her feet, only to slide on her knees after another croco swung its arm at her. 

The two joined forces and started chasing her. Moon breathed heavily as she increased her speed, though the crossbow slowed her down. It was one of the disadvantages of carrying such a large weapon. But not once had she ever let it go in favor of her speed. She would rather die with it in her hands.

As the two crocos got close, she jumped on a tree and backflipped, flying between them as they collided trying to catch her. The two fell down and Moon used that to her advantage, aiming at one of them and shooting its tail, cutting it off.

The croco wailed in pain, making his fellows look at him before they continued with their killing brigade. 

Distracted by the noise, Moon hadn't seen the other croco's tail heading towards her. She was struck so hard on the ribs, she was sent flying in the air like a dead bird (her arms and legs flailed wildly).