episode 8 - wine gets better with age (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

In a world full of monsters and insane people, Daisy once again proved she was both after putting Joe, Mindy and Moon next to each other. She knew the two women despised one another, yet she placed Joe between the two fierce hunters, and told him to fix his mess.

But how could he? He didn't even know where to start. Mindy and Moon's hatred towards one another was like ice and fire. He could hear them both click their tongue in disgust whenever the other spoke. And Poppa always warned him about getting caught between two angry women. There was a big possibility he would be the one to end up getting hurt badly - both physically and emotionally. 

Feeling uneasy with his current situation, Joe reached inside his pocket, pulled out a chocolate bar and began munching on it.  

"Daisy said you shouldn't eat anything," Moon said.

"It's chocolate, not the food Daisy cooked. Let him eat in peace," Mindy replied, her hands crossed on her chest. "Can't you just mind your own business, bitch."

Oh no! Joe thought, wide eyed.

"What did you call me, skank?" Moon got up fast, the chair she sat on screeching the floor. "Go on, I dare you to say it to my face."

It wasn't the first time the two were involved in a cold war. Four years ago during Christmas Eve, Moon had alleged that Mindy had lied about being caught by the Doll Maker. Instead, she accused the blonde girl of assisting the Doll Maker in capturing vulnerable little girls and boys, and making them their slaves.

Christmas arrived while they were fighting. Joe and Daisy were forced to intervene before the two tore each other to pieces. Because it was Poppa's birthday, the two were given a second chance and allowed back into the Turner family house.

It wasn't going well.

"You heard me, whore," Mindy stood up too, staring directly into Moon's eyes. "How does it feel knowing that men only want to fuck you, not be with you?" she asked. "You disgust me." She spat on the floor, then continued, "You will live the rest of your pathetic, broke life jumping from one dick to another like you're playing dick-dick-goose, never knowing the true value of having a man who cares and worships you."

Joe gulped, then ate the rest of his chocolate bar. He was glad his grandparents and their friends had left for the art room - Bush wanted to show them his latest masterpiece. But still, there was another spectator in the room. And she seemed to be enjoying the current predicament.

"Are all the birthday's in this family like this?" Nosey Mary asked, her eyes moving between Moon and Mindy, while she chewed on a piece of pork. "And I thought my family was worse." Apparently, she hadn't gotten the memo about not eating any of the food. She had finished all the meat.

Ignoring the chubby woman, Moon retorted, "Well, at least I'm not the one crying over a man who will never love him." She chuckled, then added, "Well, I won't call Joe a man from how he acts."