episode 14 - a night to remember (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Moon needed some alone time after the information Daisy gave her upon her return. And a night out at the club was perfect. The music, the people, the dancing, the alcohol; everything there was the kind of distraction she needed.

Her head felt like it was going to blow from the mental distress she was experiencing. Could there really have been another person... another personality living in her head since birth? She spent the time alone (with Daisy away in Dawn Hill) in a state of hysteria. What if everything she was doing wasn't really her? What if the recent raw emotions she felt for Joe were because of... of... Victoria Monroe?

She smacked the side of her head. "Focus, Moon. Don't think about her. Remember what Daisy said; Sly and Detective Cole are now the enemy. That's what matters." But even she knew that wasn't the truth. She was too selfish to think about other people when she was going through her own problems. 

She spent her alone time drinking herself to sleep. That helped to forget her troubles for a short time. And when she would wake up, she would cry herself to sleep. But when that didn't work, she would take sleeping pills. 

But over the last twenty-four hours, she couldn't sleep. The fear of Victoria taking over her mind was too much. And her body was on the verge of breaking, while her mind was getting closer to insanity. 

She needed something stronger to ease her off, for at least a day or two.

A man in a hooded jacket approached her parked car and she slid down the window. She gazed around and saw no one else was there and asked, "You have it?" 

The man patted his jacket's pocket. "Are you a cop?" he asked.

"No, are you?"

They stared at each other for a few seconds, then he broke the sudden tension with a laugh. "Alright, I believe you." He took out a small, transparent polythene bag with white powder in it and handed it to her. "That will be fifty bucks."

"What? You said thirty when we spoke."

The man shrugged. "I changed my mind."

Moon placed the bag on her lap and reached inside her purse. She mumbled curses under her breath as she took out the fifty dollars and gave it to him. 

"Nice doing business with you, ma'am." The man left.

Not wanting to wait, Moon opened it up and smelled it. A rush as good as satisfying your sweet tooth coursed her body and she fell back on her seat. The last time she had any was back in college. Back then it was necessary for her to use it. It helped her finish first in her class because while other students were busy sleeping, she was doing extra work. 

She dug her forefinger in the bag and came out with a small amount. Leaning forward, she sniffed then rubbed her nose repeatedly. "I feel nothing." It wasn't enough. She needed to up her dosage. She poured some of it on the dashboard and took out her credit card. She used it to separate the powder into five lines. "This will do," she said, her eyes glistening at the sight.