episode 8 - wine gets better with age (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Turning eighty years old, Bush wanted a small party with close friends and family. Daisy and Susan managed to organize a nice dinner at the family home, inviting Bush's bingo buddies, Susan's knitting group, and the twins' friends.

Daisy took a large plastic container to the dining room and placed it between the two co-joined tables. Looking at the other containers, the one with grilled steaks had its lid open. "Ok, who ate the meat?" she asked, but no one answered. She had warned them not to touch anything - unless if it was a drink - until after she was done preparing the last meal.

A gasped escaped her lips. "Joe," she pointed an accusing finger at him, "is that the pork chop I specifically told you not to eat?"

Joe froze staring at Daisy, his body bent forward with one hand holding a piece of pork. He returned it back to its contained and folded his arms. Frowning, he moaned, "But I am so hungry."

"So is everyone else, but you don't see us acting like brats," Moon said. Ever since Joe and Mindy came back from Yonk, they had been acting touchy-feely. And Daisy suspected her best friend had noticed it too, and now she was jealous.

Joe seemed not to have noticed Moon's harsh tone, or he chose to ignore it, and said, "I admit, I ate a piece or two of pork. But Moon over here," he directed a thumb her way, "ate all the flank steaks while you were in the kitchen."

Daisy's mouth gaped. "You finished my flank steaks? You know how much I love them."

"Um... twin sis, not wanting to ruin your flank steaks pity party, but today is not about you and your weird tasting flankies. It's about Poppa."

Daisy turned towards Bush and exclaimed, "Grandpa!" That should have startled the old man. But he was so busy eating meatloaf meatballs - his favorite, he didn't even hear her. Daisy grabbed the end of the bowl he held and pulled it away from him. "No more eating until when the cake arrives." 

Then, the door bell rang and they all gazed at her as she was the only one standing. Daisy rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll get it."

Opening the front door, she found Nosey Mary smiling, while in her hands she held a bottle of Hennessy. "Hope you can drink like you're fourteen again."

"Mary, how nice of you to show up uninvited." Daisy smiled before stepping aside. "Come in."

"Thank you." The chubby woman entered, took off her fur coat and handed it to Daisy. "I'm sorry for not letting you know that I was coming. But I felt like this party needed some Nosey Mary in it." She handed her the bottle. 

Daisy looked at it. "It's open."

Nosey Mary sucked in her teeth. "Yes, about that," she scratched her head, "I was watching Bad Moms, and then out of nowhere, I found my hand grabbing the bottle and pouring the drink in my glass. And to make matters even worse, my bad mouth started drinking it." She pouted. "I'm sorry if me tasting the alcohol for any poison has ruined your Christmas party."