episode 8 - wine gets better with age (3)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Moon kicked open the bathroom door before stomping inside. Anger coursed through her body as she back-kicked it, and it swung shut. 

"I'm going to kill that bitch!" 

She paced back and forth, breathing heavily through her enlarged nostrils and open mouth. 

"Who does she think she is calling me a whore? I swear if I see her Marilyn Monroe looking ass again, I'm going to tear off that fake face of hers." 

She sucked her teeth, before leaning forward and holding the sink.  Closing her eyes, all she could see was Mindy and Joe kissing, and that made her chest burn with hatred. 

"What is wrong with me?" 

Moon felt conflicted. In one hand, she had a problem with Mindy that had nothing to do with Joe. And on the other, she wanted to punch Joe for siding with her enemy. 

"I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous," she told herself. "Joe acts like a child, and sometimes I can't deal with that. I need a real man."

She punched the wall in frustration, leaving a crack. 

"He can be with whomever he wants to be with. I don't care."

She kicked the bin below the sink.

"But he was supposed to love me. Only me. How could he be over me so soon? Am I not appealing to him anymore?"

She stared at her bleeding hand, then at the mirror in front of her.

"Promise me you won't fall for him. You can't fall for him. He's better off as friend than a lover."  

She faced down and sighed.

"What if you go for it and it doesn't workout? You'll lose not only your friendship, but him also. And you can't let that happen, Moon."

Fear made her body tremble and her mind overthink, though she usually kept her thoughts to herself. She believed sharing your deepest secrets with anyone was wrong because a friend today could be an enemy tomorrow. Pointing at her reflection, she told herself:

"No matter what, don't get in a relationship with Joe."

"That's none of your concern," her reflection replied.

Moon staggered backwards, shocked and out of breath. "Wha-What..." She placed her hands on her head. With her lips shivering, she managed to ask, "What are you?"

"I am you, love," her reflection answered. "Or can't you see that?"

It can't be. Maybe I'm hallucinating

Moon rubbed her eyes, but the reflection was still observing her, wickedly. She never feared monsters before, always going after them whenever she had a chance. So why should this time be any different?