episode 10 - midseason finale (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Six years ago.

Detective Cole had broken down mentally and physically. His last case had taken a toll on him, and everyone who loved and cared for him thought there was no way he could recover. 

He had spent sleepless days and nights trying to solve The Doll Maker Case. The name of the criminal always sent chills up his spine. The woman was a former plastic surgeon turned evil, and he had been after her for years. 

Because of her, Cole turned to alcohol to stop the faces of the missing people from haunting his dreams. By the time he caught her, he was already an alcoholic and the woman boasted about it. 

He found her chained to a concrete post in a warehouse, wearing her famous faceless mask that most people associated her with.  He was the one who named her The Doll Maker, and the tabloids picked up on it fast, making it the headline title for their blogs and newspapers.

On that day, he freed the people The Doll Maker had caught but chose not to take her in, knowing there was a higher chance she could escape. Most of the criminals had been doing that recently, and no one could explain how.

Some people said it had to do with the supernatural. He laughed off the rumors. 

So Cole had only one thought in mind: killing her. And he did so proudly. After a long manhunt, he drew his gun from his holster and said, "Your time is up, bitch," then shot her in the head until he ran out of bullets. 

He got suspended afterwards and sent to rehab to deal with his alcohol (and mental) issues. And that's where he met the polyamorous trio; Ellen, Len and Erman.

⚒⚒ 

Cole was laying on his bed when someone knocked on his door. He ignored it at first, but the persistence of whoever was outside made him answer, "Do not disturb me!" There was silence afterwards. 

He rose up and sighed. He was sick and tired of being there and having to deal with other patients. He wanted to get back to the office and solve cases. That's who he was. That's what he was born to do. 

Cole believed all these healing shit was for the weak people. Him becoming an alcoholic was a better sacrifice because he prevented other people from being captured by sick criminals like The Doll Maker. And if he was to do it all over again, he wouldn't hesitate.

But for now he had been sober for six months. 

Getting away from his bed, he went to the white board in front of him. It had a lot of pictures of the same boy and girl in different locations, with a red pin on each image, and a string wrapped around the hilts of the pins that connected multiple events.

"Joe Turner," he said, placing a finger on the boy, "you will pay for what you've done." He glanced down at a small desk and grabbed a pin, then placed it on the image of a young girl named Meredith. She had yellow eyes and sharp teeth when she was found dead. It was an unexplainable thing, and when his partner brought him the case for him to solve, he had a long laugh after he was told it could have something to do with the supernatural.