episode 14 - a night to remember (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

A day hadn't passed since The Turners and The Chasers had returned, and Nosey Mary called to remind Daisy of the double date she had promised to go on. Though she was tired, Daisy always kept her promises and agreed to meet up with her coworker. 

Plus it was better for her to go out and have fun, rather than staying at home and lying to Moon about what happened in Dawn Hill.  

With the date happening at Nosey Mary's favorite bar; Rusko's, Daisy felt no need in wearing-to-impress. She found the most basic thing she owned; a plain white, low collar t-shirt, black yoga pants and matching sneakers, and put them on. She then fasten her hair into a ponytail and wore a green baseball hat with a green jacket tied around her waist.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Nosey Mary, shocked, asked. She stood outside the bar, staring at her friend as though she was naked. Matter of fact, the woman would have rather preferred Daisy to be naked than what she had on at that moment. "You look like you're running a marathon."

"Mary, I am exhausted. I had a long weekend. I am here as a courtesy to you, not because I want to meet anyone." 

Daisy and the others had to stay an extra day in Dawn Hill after the Sheriff found them before they left. Apparently, the locals had urged him to check on the four after seeing them talking to the middle-schoolers. And because the sheriff needed to clear things with Tyler and his friends, and also investigate the murder at school, it took a full day before he allowed them to leave.

"You know," Mary looked at her again, "It might work. If guys can describe a girl who is covered from head to toe as sexually appealing, I'm sure they won't mind one that is dressed like she's practicing for the Olympics." He intertwined her arms with Daisy, and added, "At least you were caring enough to put on makeup."

"Anything for you, Mary." Daisy smiled. 

They went inside Rusko's. It was packed with men. A sausage fest, Mary called it. But it was expected because it was "Ladies Free Night", meaning women didn't have to pay to enter. There were four bartenders and more than ten waiters and waitresses working extra hard to please everyone.  

"Where are the men you said we were meeting?" Daisy looked around the room. A couple of guys smiled at her. She rolled her eyes. There was one who wanted to shoot his shot. He was ready to approach her, but she showed him the middle finger and he stopped in his tracks. 

"I thought you weren't excited to be here?" asked Nosey Mary.

"I am not. I just want to know if the people we are meeting are serial killers or not."

"Oh, hunny, do you think serial killers can handle me?"

Daisy looked at her, then chuckled. "You're right." 

They squeezed past the crowd and got to the end of the room. There were tables lined up against the wooden wall, with each table able to accommodate more than six people.