episode 13 - high on confidence (2)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

Sly got out of bed and gazed at Honey who was deep in sleep, snoring. He wore his clothes, kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the house. It was nearly an hour past midnight and it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. 

He observed the community. It was quiet, just how he liked it. I wish I lived here. But he couldn't see himself living the city center anytime soon.

He got into his car, leaned on the seat's headrest and sighed. "If I can have Honey, then I can have anyone or anything in this world." 

"Yes, you can," a voice said from the backseat. 

Sly was startled, turning to see whom it was. "Oh, it's you," he said once he saw Detective Cole (who was possessed by Slenderman). "Were you watching me this whole time?"

"Of course. Human intercourse fascinates me. You seem to be in pain and ecstasy at the same time. Tell me, does sex hurt?"

It was a weird question, something that many people felt uncomfortable discussing. But Sly felt the need to tell him, like keeping it a secret would have torn him apart. "No, not for men. Well, not for straight men."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... um..." He searched for the right words. "How can I put this? In our world, same sex relationships are growing more common. So sexual encounters between two men will hurt both of them, but sex between a man and woman will hurt the woman more."

"Why does it hurt the woman more? Do men in this world force themselves on women for intercourse? It didn't see like you forced yourself on the young woman. Matter of fact, she seemed in control until the moment her body started shaking while she screamed."

Sly chuckled. "Yeah, she was having an orgasm."

"A what?"

"Nevermind. You can access the detective's memories and feelings, right?"

"Yes."

"Then why don't you try to recall how he felt when he was having intercourse."

"Right." 

Sly watched him through the rear-view mirror and saw he had close his eyes. In a nearly inaudible tone, he could hear him moan. This is so weird. "What brought you to me? Surely it wasn't to learn about sex. You could have done that all on your own."

Cole slid to the passenger seat and gave out a deep breath. "I hate human hosts. The bodies get tired and hungry and sleepy and in need of the toilet."

"Why don't you be in your normal form?" Sly had wondered that ever since he came to terms with being his proxy. He accepted with such ease, he shocked himself. 

Cole played with the radio, while he said, "It's called being in disguise. You understand, right?" He looked at the young man, waiting for a reply.