episode 14 - a night to remember (3)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

A young Victoria woke up wide eyed. She got off the bed and stood in front of the mirror. She stared at her long blue dress, then picked up the daisy flower on the ground and placed it on the side of her hair.

She smiled before walking out of the room. She skipped her way down the hallway and into the living room where sobbing could be heard. Entering, she saw her mother in dark blue scrubs and a matching cap. 

The woman turned to her in surprise, a knife with blood on it in her hand. In front of her was a man with tape over his mouth, a wound circulating his face, and hands tied on the chair's arms. "Moon, what are you doing here?" The shock of seeing her daughter standing there never left her face. She seemed petrified, as a mother should, because no woman would want their daughter to see them in such a state. "Moon, did you hear what I said?"

"Who is Moon, Mommy?" Victoria asked.

The woman exhaled in relief. "Oh, Victoria, it's you." Her shock turned into a smile and she added, "Vicky, honey, close the door and come help Mommy with work."

Victoria locked the door, then moved to where her mother stood. The tied up man stared at her, his eyes pleading for mercy. "Is he like the one from last time?" she asked, touching the man's fingers. "He has nicer hands."

"He's more richer, and Mommy's friends want his face."

Victoria moved around the man, observing him. His suit had been stained with the blood from his face. He had other wounds on the back of his head and neck, and a large scar on his arm, indicating he had been in an accident not long ago. 

"How much for his face, Mommy?" she asked, curious as always. 

"So much." 

"How about his legs, arms and other organs?"

"The buyer wants everything he has. Now, go back to your room and change into your uniform. We have a long surgery to get to."

"Will my sisters participate?"

"Not today. Today it's just you and Mommy. Is that fine with you?"

Victoria smiled. "Yes, Mommy."

⚒⚒

Victoria had a slight headache and her vision was blurred when she regained consciousness. An awful acrid odor caught her attention and she glanced to the side. There sat a dead body burnt to its bones. It was nauseating and sweet, putrid and steaky, something like leather being tanned over a flame. 

The smell was so thick and rich, she could almost taste. 

Disgusted, she puked on the opposite side. "What has she gotten us into?" She rubbed her lips on the shoulder area of her black t-shirt, then tapped her tongue up and down to remove the taste. "I know I should've watched what she was doing, but her crying, man," she groaned, "her crying and constant drinking was too much. If she went into a mental distress after finding out she had another personality in her head, what would she do once she knows the truth about our family?"