episode 15 - you meddling kids (1)

⚒⚒

⚒⚒

"Joe, slow down!" shouted Mindy. 

How could he? The woman he had been in love with for as long as he could remember cried out for his help. The tone in her voice, he had never heard it before. She sounded very scared. Something was after her. It had to be. Moon was never scared of anyone because she could take care of herself. 

"Have you called Daisy? Tell her if she's not outside her apartment I am leaving without her." He made a hard right corner and increased the car's speed. 

"She says she's outside already," Mindy told him. "But you have to calm down or else we will crash." She put her hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, we will get to her on time."

Joe glanced at her and nodded. He took a deep breath. She'll be fine. She's tougher than most people will give her credit. He couldn't remember the last time Moon was unable to get out of a tough situation. No matter what it was, she always found a way out. Always. Please, God, keep her safe for me.

He saw Daisy down the road. She was already dressed in her hunting gear (leather clothes and boots) and had her machetes strapped to her hips. He stopped and she got in the back, before  driving off. 

"Do we know what's after her?" asked Daisy.

Mindy turned to her and shook her head. 

"Well Joe, you're the one who spoke to her. Can you tell me anything else she said?"

"She needed my help, that's all that matters." He spun the wheel left and the car skidded in a semi-circular motion, before he accelerated. "When have you known Moon to call me for help?" 

Daisy leaned back on the seat. "If she called you... I wonder what it could be." She looked out the window, staring into the starless sky. "There's no full moon tonight. We can cross out Werewolves."

"Guys, come on, it's Moon we are talking about," said Mindy. "I know I may not have the best of relationships with her, but one thing I have always admired her is that she's a survivor. We will find her."

"You're right," said Joe, but he couldn't shake off the feeling they may be running into a big trap. If that was case, he didn't care. Nothing could stop him from reaching the girl of his dreams. Nothing!

The car stopped outside the park and the three got out. Joe looked at his phone and saw the red circle beeping. "She's still here. Come on." He followed the tracker leading down the stone path. 

A man in brown uniform came from where they were headed. Joe recognized him; Scott Brown, the park ranger. It had been months since Joe had seen him, and his subordinates were the ones responsible for watching over the park at night, though most of them did it on few occasions because they believed it was a place for peace and nothing dangerous could happen.