Chapter 5

After chemistry, i was walking towards my locker to get my books. I had left my phone in my locker after lunch, as I didnt have a particular obsession with it like normal teenagers do. I unlocked my phone to find 10 missed calls from an unsaved number. I did not need an id to know whose number it was. I could recognise that number wherever I see. Keeping my books back in the locker, I went out to the big tree near the soccer field. I didn't know why I didn't want to go back to class, but I knew I couldnt. Why would he even call me out of the blue like that. Maybe I should check if something is wrong? Maybe something happened. I mean thats a lot of missed calls.
"Dammit" I muttered under my breath taking out a pack of cigarettes I have hidden well in my bag. Lighting one of them, I called Jessica going straight to voice mail. Great. Now what am I going to do.
My phone started ringing again, it was from the same number. I stared at the screen, still debating whether I should pick it up or not. The call went to voice mail.
"Hey its me, Izz. Please pick up. I am so sorry for what I did to you. Please pick up the phone." I sighed, lighting another cigarette.

"You dont strike as a smoker" Nathan said sitting next to me.
"Thats because I'm not" I replied, still staring at the screen of my phone.
"Okay. Then I must have had smoking confused with what you are doing" he said.
"No. Its just, an occasional smoke." I took another puff.
"Thats the third smoke you are lighting" he pointed out. "Mmhmm" I replied.
"Wow Thats a lot of missed calls"
"I wouldn't call it A lot" I laughed.
"Well I bet not even Daniel gets that many calls within an hour or something"
"who's that?"
"Daniel Parker? The musician? Girls are crazy about him."
"Ohh him."
"Everyones crazy about Ashton too. You don't seem to like him though"
"Yeah. I know guys like him, a little too much." I scoffed.
"You are still a mystery to me, beauty" he said narrowing his eyes at me.
"Why do you call me that?" I asked him.
"Nothing. You know Ashton isn't that bad when you get to know him"
"Give me a break. I know his type."
"Believe me. He might seem like a beast or something, at times. But he isn't." Nathan said. I scoffed and let it go. As I started lighting another smoke, Nathan snatched it from me and threw it away.
"What is your problem?" I asked, a little bit ruder than I like.
"Saving you from lung cancer" Nathan said.
"I'm not gonna get lung cancer"
"You will if you keep smoking like that."
"Whats it to you?"
"Its nothing to me. But I wouldn't mind seeing you healthy and walking, cause you're hot." He grinned. So he's the joker in the group. I shook my head annoyed.
"What are you doing here anyway? Other than annoying me ofcourse. Aren't you supposed to be in class?"
"You are supposed to be in class too. I don't see you in the class. Quiet frankly my dear, annoying you is the only think I am doing here." His grin grew wider.
"Get bent." It slipped my mouth. He started laughing, holding his stomach. He laughed like a drowning donkey, I swear. After some time I couldn't help myself but join him.

"I was actually on the way somewhere when I saw you sitting here all alone. I wanted to make sure you were okay. Which clearly you are not" he said as the laughter died.
"I'm okay."
"You wanna come with me? Spend the rest of the day with me?" He asked.
"No I wouldn't want to bother you"
"I'm not gonna change my plans, if thats whats holding you back" He laughed getting up and lending me his hand. I looked at it for a while before taking his hand and getting up.

Nathan took me home so that I could keep my stuff back home and for me to change. As it was like a 100 degrees outside, I decided to wear ripped shorts and a brown coloured tank top, tucking the front of it inside the shorts. Putting on blue vans, I ran downstairs grabbing my phone and a small purse to put my phone and credit card in.