Chapter 6

Next stop was the beach, according to Nathan. It was almost sunset already.
There wasn't a lot of people at the beach. Sean says, people in this town don't really spend time at the beach. Its mostly just teenagers and college students that come to the beach.

Stepping on the sand was like heaven. I walked closer to the ocean, which was exceptionally calm with only tiny waves crashing on the shore. The setting sun was reflected on the sea. The sky was filled with so many colours.

"Hey. Some Steven called. I answered the phone accidentally" I heard Nora from behind me. When she figured I wouldn't answer, she added, "He wanted to know where you are. I told him" I nodded. With that she turned and left.
After a few seconds, I heard anither voice say my name. I looked back to see Sean coming towards me with 2 bottles of beer in his hand.
"You drink?" He asked, pushing one bottle into my hand. I smiled at him, taking a sip. It was the first drink I have had in over 4 months.
"So you aren't new to the whole drinking thing" sean smirked when I didn't wince or something. I nodded my head. From the side of my eyes, a little further from us, I saw Ashton with a camera. Following my gaze, Sean looked at me and said. "He is really good. I can ask him to take some pictures for you. Everyone's gonna make him take theirs anyway" I shook my head and told him that its fine. After a few seconds, Sean left.

I sat down on the sand looking at the sky. It was just so beautiful. All the colours faded on the sky and the reflection of it on the calm sea was the most peaceful I felt in ages. I held my head back and closed my eyes, letting the warm breeze hit my face. When the cold air hits my bare skin, I felt goose bumps on my arms. It was a good feeling. I pulled out my ipod and played some music, to go with the perfect mood. Quietly singing along with Sit still, look pretty by Daya, I felt a smile creeping on my face. Not the little ones I have been forcing, a real one that I haven't felt in a long time.

I felt the tingly feeling of being watched so I opened my eyes and saw Ashton, within hearing distance, staring at me. I turned the music off assuming he was annoyed by my singing. Well I assumed he was annoyed, because you can't really read his expressions. If he had any.

After a few minutes, I joined the rest of the group to eat an 'early snack' they said.
"I am going back tommorow. But I will be back by Saturday. Don't you fucking ditch me, either of you" Lucy was talking when I reached.
"we aren't going to ditch you, Jesus." Nora came back at her.
"okay thanks kids" Lucy beamed.
"Calling us kids,yet you are still hanging out with us" Sean said grabbing some gummy bears. And then they started arguing.
"She's in college." Nathan said handing me a water bottle and wrapping his hand around my shoulders. I nodded my head. Maybe they weren't so bad after all.