Chapter 24

The sessions with Dr.Cranfield has started showing progress. He said so. And I actually felt it too. I had started talking about myself without being mean to him every day. And he was always there listening to things I had to say. I mean I do know that was his job. But he listens to things I have to say about Kyle and Steven and Dad and everything. Even make-up.

"So how is everything now Isabelle?"
"Great actually. Kyle and I are doing really great. We went fishing with Nora and Steven last saturday. Nathan and I had a day out on sunday. Lee and I are almost done with the
Soundtrack for the dance. I went out with Nathan's friends to the beach for a barbecue. Ashton wasn't there. Oh and despite our differences we got an A- on the report"
"Well thats good. When is the Dance? I hear that is kind of a big deal" Dr.Cranfield asked.
"Next weekend. The weekend after this weekend" I replied.
"Are you ready for it?"
"Oh no. I'm not attending"
"Why not?"
"I do not want to get involved in such things anymore"
"It scares you, I'm guessing?"
"Yes and no."
"What do you mean?"
And that is how I spent the rest of the session talking about my fears.

"Hey sweetie" I was greeted by my boyfriend, who handed me a cup of coffee.
"Just what I needed" I said taking a sip from my cup.
"So. How was the shrink?" He asked me. Within the first few days of our relationship, I told Kyle about me seeing a councellor. Which he was fully supportive of.
"Okay, I think." I said hopping on his bike.
"Got any plans for Sunday morning?" He asked.
"Yeah. Sleeping" I replied, placing a kiss on his neck. "What did you have in mind"
"Its something you had in your mind actually. I thought we could give it a try"
"You mean.."
"Yeah" he grinned.
"Oh god. Really?" I squealed.
"Sunday morning."
"Yayyh" I placed a kiss on his cheek.

Kyle walked me to my locker before Chemistry The last period before lunch. I couldn't believe how much his presence still effected me. He was my happy pill. What held me intact. All I needed right now. No one has ever made me feel the way he does.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" Kyle smiled, pinning me against the locker. I could see some of the girls staring at us.
"Well I am allowed to look at my properties in whatever way I want to" i smiled back.
"Look all you want. After all, I am all yours to look at" he smiled wider before putting his lips on mine. The whole weak in the knees, butterflies in the stomach thing actually turned  out to be true. Kissing Kyle did that to me every time. But I never wanted to stop. It was as if I was addicted to him.

"If you could get your tounge out of Handerson's throat, you have a class to attend." I heard the most annoying voice in the whole world. Pulling away instantly, I rolled my eyes at Ashton, who was already heading towards class.
"I swear I'll kill that asshole" Kyle mumbled, glaring at him.
"Kyle let it go. Just ignore him" I asked him. "I have to go to class. So do you." Even though,  we were late, Kyle walked me to class as usual. I barely made it in time, Kyle was obviously late.

"Oh look its Princess Kissy Kissy." Ashton said as I sat down next to him, making the girl infront of us giggle. I recognised her as one of Venessa's minions.
"Oh hey. It's the guy who owns the doll everyone plays with." Venessa's minion creased her eyebrows in confusion, whereas Ashton rolled his eyes knowing exactly what I was reffering to. Surprisingly he didn't bother disagreeing with me, obviously he too knew Venessa was a slut.

"So, when is Kyle going to break up with you?" The minion turned around and asked.
"Not that its any of your bussiness, but we're not gonna break up" I replied.
"I know you won't break up, stupid. He's just going to dump you. I mean, he is Kyle Handerson" her eyes turning dreamy as she mentioned his name.
"Once again, we're not breaking up and neither is he going to dump me" I said annoyed.
"Oh come on. He's way out of your league. He is one of the most famous people in this whole school. He can get anyone he wants. Its just a matter of time." She said. I would have hit her on the face, if the teacher didn't enter the class. I noticed that Ashton had been awfully silent, which was so unnatural.

"What? No snarky comments?" I asked, mostly so that I could channel my anger at him instead. I was already used to his insults. When I got mad at him, I knew how to keep it in because every time we are in the same place, we fought.
"No." He replied. "I actually don't agree with her"
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"Although some of the reasons she gave weren't untrue, I see the way he looks at you." Ashton replied, looking at the solution which had changed its colour to purple. "Now if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to not talk about your love life" Now that was the Ashton I knew. But honestly, that was the nicest thing he had ever said to me. Although there was like a couple of insults added to the mix.
"Are you writing these?" He asked as he put the purple solution into a beaker and some powder in another test tube. I didn't know most of the things he was doing.
"Yeah" i replied. It wasn't like Ashton was going to trust me with the readings. Every time, once we were done, he would always look it all over and insult my handwriting in the process. Prick.

The day was so long. After the last period, Kyle had left. I still had work to do with Lee.
I was already in the little studio. Lee still wasn't in. I thought of leaving, thinking he didn't come to school or something. But he had texted me saying he might be a little late. I put my head phone on and shuffled my playlist, and started to sing along with the song. Current song being Rude Boy by Rihanna. By the time the song ended, I was dancing along. As I spun around, I saw four tall figures infront of the door. I pulled my headset off, blood rushing towards my cheeks.

"Wow. Is this what she does everyday?" Sean looked at Lee, amused.
"Whatever" I said trying to hide my blush. "Anyway. Lee, remember that last song that we were working on? The one with just the soft drumming."
"Oh yeah. Did you think of something else to do with it? Because I am completely blank" Lee asked, sitting infront of the keyboard.
"We don't have any slow songs yet. Just dance music. I was thinking, add some violin and more guitar and do your thing with the keyboard and everything. It will go great with the drumming" Everyone was staring at me. The rest of the guys, making themselves comfortable. Ignoring them, we got to work. "And Furious needs a higher tempo"

After 2 hours of endless work, we decided the best idea was to do this at a later time. Finishing for the day, we got up.
"Oh and Lee. That track labelled Privilege, its so good. I sent it to Ivan, to see what he thought. He said all it needs is a little bit of vocals. Just a 4 or 5 lines before the bass. Or right before the ending. And he wants to meet you." I said excited.
"Really? Who is it?" He asked equally excited.
"Uh, you heard of Ivan Kishorn? From Kishorn Records?" I asked. Lee probably knew him, anyone in the music industry did. And the record label was still one of the top labels, it'd be a sin if a music producer didn't know them.
"Are you kidding me? He's a freaking legend. But ofcourse after Lucy Kishorn" Lee replied.
"Okay. So how does friday night, 8 o'clock, sound? You and Ivan sit down and discuss further plans." I grinned.
"What? Are you...?" He looked at his friends, who were now congratulating him. "Seriously? I am..." And then he hugged me.
"I'll set up a meeting right here and let you know okay? Be ready."
"You'll be there too right?" He suddenly asked me.
"I think that will make things more awkward" I replied playing with my fingers.
"No it won't. Its Ivan Kishorn. Why would anyone miss a chance to meet him?"
"Uh, maybe because we never heard the name before?" Nathan asked.
"Well maybe because I used to see him in his boxers, and him covered in his own puke after all the partying" I said.
"You even slept with Lee's hero?" Ashton asked in disgust.
"No. Ew. No. That is...Eew" I couldn't shake the image out of my head. That was the most disturbing thought ever. "He's my uncle you dumb fuck. Ew. You're disgusting"
"Wait so Lucy Kishorn is..."
"Lucy Kishorn Wilson" I corrected.
"Oh my god" Lee said, half in awe and half probably knowing what happened to mom. Atleast the published version of it.
"Lee don't" I whispered, earning another hug from him.
"Anyway. I gotta go. Kyle is waiting for me. See you guys tommorow." I smiled before leaving.