Chapter 30

School was half session on friday. Friday. The big day. The annual dance day. Initially, it was planned for the weekend. But there was some soccer match on sunday, so changed to friday night. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was kind of excited about the dance.

The day of the dance was chaotic. The mall was filled with teenage girls, getting last minute preparations. After a lot of pleading and pouting, and not to mention threatening, Nora had made Steven agree to go with her. Which wouldn't be much of a problem. Lots of college students were to attend it. Old students.

By the time I came downstairs in the black dress that Steven got me, both boys and Nora were already there.

"God you're slow. We're late." Nora got up. She was wearing a lace sleeved royal blue dress that reached her thighs. Her long legs on show.

"You look beautiful, sis" Steven said eyeing the necklace I was wearing. The necklace he had given me.

"Nora have you never heard of something called fashionably late?" I asked her.

"Ah thats my sister" Steven said taking Nora's hand and walking into the garage.

"You're so.....God, I wanna eat you" Kyle said after the others left. Then he bent and kissed me gently. "Lets go"

"Wait" I said opening my clutch and taking out a necklace I got for him.

"Here. Wear that"

"Whats this for" he asked.

"I just saw it at the mall. So I got it for you. For you to always remember me" I grinned. He smiled and shook his head.

We definitely were the center of attention. From the moment we pulled into the driveway in Steven's Porshe. Which was mostly because of the car. And then when we entered the gym, everyones head turned towards us. Everyone that was sober enough to realize people were around. A lot of the kids were wasted already. Anyway, I was loving the attention. Some of the people were dancing to the fast music Lee was playing on his laptop. He was on the stage, where the dj stands, with a headphone covering his ears, his head and left hand moving along to the beats.

Kyle and Steven left saying they'd be back with drinks. In a few minutes, Lucy and Sean joined us, who came to the dance together. Supposedly as friends. They already had some amount of alcohol in them. They both had a red cup in their hands, each. Soon after, Nathan joined us, hand in hand with some girl. Lucy's college mate apparently.

"Hey" Kyle handed me a red cup, wrapping an arm around my waist. After a while Steven and Nora headed off to the dance floor..... or the middle of the gym where everyone seemed to dance at.

Soon a slow song started playing. Almost every couple in the room were dancing along to the song. Kyle held me really close as we danced. It was so great, despite the fact that he was not a very good dancer.