Chapter 23

I went home to find the house empty. Again. People has got to stop staying out when I come home. I went into the kitchen looking for something to eat. I took a couple of Prozac pills before grabbing a candy bar.
"Thats your dinner?" I heard Kyle ask. I turned around and saw him leaning against the doorframe.
"Hey. Where were you?" I asked wrapping myself around him. He kissed me on the forehead as he pushed a free strand of hair off my face.
"We went to McDonald's to get some good food" he grinned. "We were gonna wait until you came. When it turned 10 we thought we should just bring something home by the time you came back."
"I'm starving" I replied.
"Steven will be right inside. He's parking the car. Are you still not done with the paper?" Kyle asked.
"Almost done. Why?" I asked.
"I don't like you spending too much time with Westbrook."
"Well I don't like spending time with him either. And neither does he. You don't have to worry about it with us"
"Yeah still. I just don't like the thought of that asshole being around my girlfriend. I don't trust him" he replied. I pulled back and stared at his face.

"What did you just say?"
"I said I don't trust him"
"No before that" Kyle looked confused for a while and then started panicking.
"I uh. Well I-I. What I mean - you, uhh"
"You called me your girlfriend." I grinned. "I like it"
"Really?" He asked. I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me on the mouth.
"This is where I eat Izzie" Steven groaned, making us pull away.

We ate the chicken nuggets, as we watched some movie that I have never heard of before. Well I was outnumbered by the guys. So I had to watch what they wanted.

As soon as the movie ended, Kyle and I headed upstairs. Locking the door behind us, I turned around and smiled at the sight of Kyle lying on my bed comfortably.
"Your brother treats you like a friend" kyle said.
"Yeah. He's amazing. But what I want to talk about isn't that." I said stepping into my walk-in closet. I wore a crop top and sweat pants.
"I love this piercing" Kyle said grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.
"I was hoping you would. Boyfriend" I said kissing him. Kyle winced slightly causing me to pull back.
"What's wrong? Did I hurt you" I asked getting off him.
"No. Just my sides. Its okay. Come here" he said holding my hand again.
"Kyle wait. What happened last night?" he sighed and sat up.
"Its nothing Wilson. You worry too much."
"Kyle!"
"Okay. I really was working. And I won this round. And it was running on 5000 bucks. So me winning it is kind of a big deal. So the loser just comes up with his buddies to kick my ass. I could have taken them if I wasn't alone." He grinned. "And then Damian and Xavier came. And we beat the crap out of them"
"What round?"
"What?"
"What do you do for work Kyle?"
"This and that"
"Kyle"
"I take part in illegal wrestling competitions. Look Wilson, I don't have a choice. I don't have rich parents. I have a mother and a little sister to take care of. My mother doesn't do shit. She sits around and mopes every day. She doesn't take care of Syl." Well I didn't know that. Kyle was always so tense when he talked about his mother. Now I know why.
"Where's your dad?" I asked.
"I don't know. I never met him. And then Syl's dad walked out on mom when he found out she was pregnant. I guess she blames me for that."
"Did she say that?" I asked shocked.
"No. To say that, she has to actually talk to me at all. At first she'd say she doesn't want to see my face. I just thought it was her grief talking. But she never started talking to me again." Kyle gave a weak smile. "After Syl was born, Jack, her dad, would pay child support. Then he stopped and my part time job at the movie store wasn't enough for 3 people. So I got involved with the wrong people. It was like right after high school started. Then I met Damian, and he helped me get out of that- group?"
"A gang?" I asked.
"Yeah" he replied exasperated. "Damian cut a deal with those assholes, and asked them to transfer me to go with them. Xavier's gang. And they let me go because basically no one wants to get on Xavier's bad side. For a while I stayed with them because I needed the money. And then I found out about the Wrestling competitions. I went to Xavier and he was cool with it. He just let me walk away."
"Is that the guy from your room?" I asked remembering the man with the male bun who entered Kyle's room through the window. The person who crashed our date.
"Oh no. Thats Damian." Kyle shook his head.
"So he's like your saviour. Why do you not want me to get involved with him?" Kyle groaned and fell back on the bed again.
"Wilson, where's the mystery in it if I tell you everything in one day?" He smirked. "Besides, even you have things you haven't yet told me. Right?" He asked. And I knew exactly what he was reffering to.
"Kyle I-"
"Its okay. I know how hard it was for you to tell me about your mother. And London. You'll tell me everything when you are ready. I'm not going anywhere Wilson. I told you, I'm here to stay." I was lost for words. He was right. There were things I still couldn't tell him. And I guess I understood him,  even if what he was doing wasn't very safe.
"I just don't want you to get hurt" I said lying next to him.