Epilogue #2

"We have 2 options." Ashton said as we walked.
Then he took my hand in his.

"Eiffel tower, or my place."

"Why would I go to your place?" I joked. He stopped walking and turned me to face him.

"So that you could cry." He had a joyful glint in his eyes.

"Shut up." I hit him on the chest and took the lead.

"You don't even know where you are going. Walk slower, love." He said laughing.

"I don't even know why I cried." I was suddenly embarassed.
That was so stupid. And i wasn't a little girl anymore.

"Don't you?" He asked knowingly. He had more confidence than he used to.

"So... got a girlfriend." I asked trying to change the subject.

"Nah." He said it like it should be the most obvious thing in the world.

"What's with the face?"

"I don't date."

"What do you do?"

"Uh..."

"Ashton!" I said his name.

He groaned and looked away from me before stopping infront of a huge house.

"Tell you what? Come eat greasy pizza with me and I'll tell you all about it." He said.

Half an hour later, I was sprawled on his living room couch with my head on his lap. I was wearing one of his shirts as i was really uncomfortable in my dress. We had a French movie on, that neither of us were watching.

"Is that a tattoo?" He asked touching the back of my ear.

I flinched at the touch. Not because i didn't like it. But because i wasn't ready for how good it felt, just a simple touch as such.

"It's called being 19. First thing i did after I got to college. Queen talked me into it." I explained.

"let me see?" He asked.

"Promise me you won't laugh?"

"Promise."

At first he was confused, i saw it on his face. Right behind my ear, in the smallest letters were 'AW' written. No one ever really noticed because, well the letters were so small and they were behind my ear. But this was Ashton.
He was the most observant person anyone could ever meet.

"Aw? Like aww that baby is so cute?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

"That's not it. What does it mean?"

"First, you tell me about you dating life." I said throwing my head off the sofa and putting my legs on the head rest.

I pretended not to see him staring at my legs. And i told myself that i didn't care, and that I didn't love the way his breath caught a little bit. Or that i wasn't enjoying the fact that i still had the same effect on him that he had on me.

He finally cleared his throat and spoke, "I don't have one. I told you."

"Why not?" I asked.

"You're gonna break your neck at that rate Princess. Come up here." He said putting his hand behind my head and the other on my waist.

"I'm up here now." I said putting my feet between his legs and the armrest, and sat up.
He hesitated at first, but then put his hands on my knee. I sucked in a breath, he looked up at my face.