Chapter 16

Matt Lanter portraying Nathan Storm^>

After grabbing a candy bar, I swallowed a Prozac with some water. I ran upstairs to decide what to wear. Very easily, I found a pair of ripped jeans that I have had for some time. Wearing it, I walked into my closet trying to find a top. By the time I gave up on finding the perfect 'casual' outfit, half of my closet was flooding my room.
"What happened to your room? Why are you naked?" Steven was leaning against my door frame.
"I'm not naked. I'm wearing a bra" I spit back.
"I'm never gonna find a casual outfit to go with these pants." I sat on my bed - more like a huge pile of clothes. Steven stared at me for some time and sighed, coming into my room.
"Your room is a mess. What is going on?" Steven asked walking into my closet.
"Kyle asked me out. And he told me to dress casual for our date." I said.
"He finally grew the balls to ask you out?" Steven said from inside the closet.
"Yeah. I might as well call him and cancel. Given that I have nothing to wear" I whined.
"Don't give up just yet." Steven came out with a short sleeved, grey-green t-shirt. He had such good taste in clothes.
"Are you sure you are not gay?" I asked putting the tee over my bra. Seriously, he had amazing taste
"See thats why I dont help you" he groaned.
"This doesn't work" I said looking at my reflection in my full length mirror.
"Change your jeans" steven said. I laughed at the face he was making and changed into a pair of plain black jeans. Perfect.

I was doing my hair when I heard the doorbell ring

"Steven get the door" I screamed, running into the closet and opening the shoe cupboard. Putting on light brown boots, I ran towards my dresser to find something to wear on my hands.
"Izzie its for you" I ran downstairs, not exactly expecting Kyle to be on my doorstep with a bundle of roses. To be honest, I expected him to just enter the house like he always does. Well maybe its the date thing that made it so different. Anywho, I loved it. He was such a gentleman.
"You look beautiful" he said handing me the flowers and placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.
"You aren't looking so bad yourself" I said before putting the flowers in a baby blue vase that always stands there with nothing inside.
"Dinner first" he said opening the car door for me.
"Thankyou" I said getting in. "Wheres your bike?"
"I knew you'd ask that." He laughed. "But for this one, I think, we should just stick with the car"
"Don't expect to get lucky tonight" I teased his, slightly poking him on his arm. He held my hand to stop me, and put it down on his knee, entwining our fingers together. I tried to hide my smile, which wouldnt disappear from my face.
"Where are we going anyway?" I asked as he drove past the habited area of the town. Oh yeah, habited. I said that.
"Its a secret" he said kissing my hand.

At some point, he stopped the car in a very dark point and took out a basket and a blanket, handing me a flashlight. Asking me to keep the light on, he started walking infornt of me. After a slightly rocky path, we made it to where he was taking me. It was an empty ground, with leafless trees around. The moon was shining bright giving us enough light to see each others faces. I grinned at him as he placed the blanket on the ground and unwrapped the picnic basket.
He took out 2 glasses and poured what looked like wine, and offered it to me.
"Thankyou" i was still smiling. He then held my hand and sat on the blanket pulling me on his lap. We looked at the stars as we drank, making small talks.
After some times, he took out our dinner, which was an egg salad and some kind of pasta. The food was delicious.

"Kyle?" I asked as i played with his hair. Kyle was now lying on my lap, as i sat up.
"Hmm?" His eyes were closed
"Where'd you get our food?" I asked him. I saw the faint movement of his chest moving, indicating tgat he was laughing.
"I cooked it myself, Wilson" he replied, his eyes still shut tight.
"You cook?" I cant say i wasnt surprised.
"Yeah. When my mom got pregnant with my little sister, she got really sick. And her husband walked out on her, so i was all she had. Someone had to rake care of her" he replied as if that was a normal thing.
"You're so sweet" i bent my head down and placed a peck on Kyle's lips.
"What was that for?" He opened hs eyes when i didnt do anything else.
"I wanted to see what it was like" i was blushing. Kyle sat up and looked at me and smirked.
"And that,tells you what its like?" He asked.
"Well. I guess it did because if not-" and then his lips were on mine. Kyle Handerson's lips were moving gently against mine. Once I regained my consciousness back, after the element of surprise was gone, i kissed him backm our lips moving in sync, with the kiss growing hungrier and more ungent with every second. This was all i have been thinking about since the moment he walked into my room and promised me that he came to stay. It was all i wanted. All i coyld ask for. This moment, me and him, was all i needed. It was simply perfect.
By the time we pulled away, we were both out of breath. "Wow" I breathed out.
"That was-" kyle replied. I dont think either of us needed to finish the rest of his sentence. He pulled me towards him and placed me between his legs, before wrapping his hands around me. We remained silent for a while, not needing to say a word, just loving the comfort of each others presence. After a while, i pulled my hand bag closer to me, pulling out my anti-deprassants. Before i could open the lid of the bottle, Kyle put his hand on my hand and said, "Please dont"
I looked at his face, unable to read his expression. "I wanna do this. Just us."

After what felt like the best date, Kyle took me to the car, placed a kiss on my cheek and took my hand entwining it with his fingers. As we drove away, i couldnt help but think how much i liked this boy. The one person who wanted me despite knowing that i was damaged. The one person who didnt try to rush me into speaking about anything that i didnt want to.
"Kyle?"
"Yes Wilson"
"They say you never had a girlfriend or even dated. Is that true?" I asked him.
"They? Whose they?"
"You know, everyone"
"Well they are wrong." He smiled looking straight ahead
"Yeah?"
"The last girl i dated, was also the last girlfriend i had. Guess it way right after high school started. And then she moved away after a semester. And never had a girlfriend eversince" his eyes were still on the road.
"Why me?"