Chapter 59

I woke up to Ashton's light kisses on my shoulder and neck. Water was dripping from his fresly washed hair.

"Morning." He grinned as I looked at him, then kissed my lips.

"Hi." I smiled, my hands still on the back of his neck.

"Hey." He said kissing me a bit more. "Now go take a shower and come quickly."

It was such a relief that he had a bathroom in his room.

We were hoping to sneak out of the house before anyone sees us. And get to school before anyone else gets there.
But everyone was already up, eating breakfast. Anna smirked when she saw us. Zack fake coughed and Mr.Westbrook looked at us and just turned back. I seriously have got to find out what the deal is between Ashton and him.

Although Victoria wanted us to join them, Ashton quickly pulled me away claiming that we were late. Which fooled no one.

The first period was the exam. We all got a free period afterwards, because of the stress or something.
We were sitting in the bleachers of the soccer stadium when Ashton sat next to Nate who was one step below Lee and me.
Weird thing? He handed me a cup of take away coffee.

"Thanks." I said trying not to look too happy about it.

I was starving. He made a sound, and took a sip from him own cup. The group was sharing confused looks, trying not to be too obvious about it.

"Who needs a smoke?" Ashton suddenly said.

"Ashton! I thought you said you quit." Nora scolded him.

"I did. I just....." he took a look at me and sighed. "Nervous."

"What are you nervous for?" Nate asked, looking at him knowingly. But does he though? Ashton swears he doesnt.

"Yeah Ashton. What are you nervous for?" I asked teasingly, leaning foward a bit.

"Oh you wanna go there? You wanna go there?" He was equally amused.

"Uh-huh." I said touching my upper lip with the tip of my tounge.

"Well I'm just nervous because your ex boyfriend from the Beach Day trip? He might still think I'm your boyfriend."

"Afraid you'd get your ass kicked by him?"

"Its not my ass that he kicked." He was still joking. But I looked away at once.

"Oh god. Shit. I'm so sorry." He said taking my free hand.

"It's fine." I said smiling.

"No. No its not. I shouldn't have said that." He was grazing his thumb on my palm. Probably didn't even realize it. I grinned.

"Now that I know you feel that bad about it, I feel completely better." I said. Ashton laughed and turned back around.

"So for the mid-winter break we are going on a school trip?" Lee asked once Nora finished telling us all about a trip that had been planned by the school.

"Yeah. We get 3 days to do whatever the fuck we want. We do have to sneak out at fun times. But nobody's got a problem with that right?" Sean said.

"Eh. As long as we get to do what we want." Ashton said resting his head on my legs. "But that's not the question. Question is where exactly are we going?"

"Top secret land apparently." Nate murmured.

"What?" Sean asked, finally looking up from his phone.

"Nothing. France." Nate said looking at Ashton. "We're going to France."

The bell rang, and we all jumped up. Time had flown by without either of us realizing it. Ashton and I were waiting for everyone else to leave before we got up.