Chapter 24

Liliana's pov

Its been 4 months since Jackson and I decided to move into our own place and we'd finally found the perfect house and gotten moved in. I know some people might consider 4 months a long time to find a house, but Jackson and I were both very opinionated and stubborn so it took awhile for us to agree on one house, but we finally agreed and I'm so happy we're all moved in. I mean I loved our apartment, but nothing compares to coming to an actual home after a long day at work with the man I love. A lot of other things have also happened in the past four months. Callie and Arizona were in a car accident and the baby had to be delivered early. Callie and Sophia both almost died, but they're both healthy and are going home today. Adele also got accepted into the Alzheimer's trial and we're hoping it works.

"Coffee." Jackson offers walking into the on call room.

"Yes please." I say leaning up and taking the coffee. Everyone's still been working tirelessly, since Chief still hasn't picked his Chief resident choice. Between finishing moving into the house and getting as many OR hours as we could, Jackson and I were both exhausted.

"I'm so tired and I have a neuro endoscopy in a couple of minutes." I sigh.

"Why didn't we just choose a easier specialty, like dermatology?"

"Right now, I honestly don't know." I say laying back down and closing my eyes before my pager goes off.

"Well there goes my couple of minutes of sleep." I grumble before getting up.

"Don't have to much fun." Jackson jokes while laying down making me shoot him a bird.

"Tell me when and where." He says making me laugh before I close the door and I go to the OR.

I love surgery, but anyone would be a little grumpy when they barely had any sleep or even time to eat.

I scrubbed in and assisted on the endoscopy which ended up being more complex than we thought it would be so it turned into a 6 hour procedure instead of a 3 hour one. Once I finally finished I was on the way back to the on call room, but I got paged by Alex.

"What do you want I'm tired." I say joining him, Lexie, and Jackson.

"I need your help." Alex says.

"And I need sleep." I say.

"Would you rather sleep or help the sick African kids arriving soon." Alex says holding a picture of one of the kids in front of me.

"That's not even fair you know no one can say no to helping sick kids." I sigh.

"So you're in?" He asks.

"Yes I'm in." I nod.

"Okay, I'll page you as soon as they arrive." He smiles before walking away.

"Why are we even trying to win chief resident. Alex obviously has it in the bag I mean he's helping sick children." I say to Jackson.

"No, I think Meredith has a chance. She's helping Derek on his Alzheimer's trial and Webbers wife has Alzheimer's." Jackson says.

"You're right I should've gotten in on that trial." I say making Jackson laugh.

"I'm sure there will be some other ground breaking trial you'll get to be a part of." Jackson says wrapping his arms around me.

"Yea, I hope." I say.

"So we're not doing anything and the kids aren't here yet. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asks.

"If sleep is what you're thinking then yes." I smile knowing that's not what he's thinking at all.

"Haha funny you know exactly what I'm talking about." He says leading me into a on call room.

"Fine, but we need to make it quick."

"Can't promise that." He says closing the door behind us.

I decided to skip writing a chapter on the actual episode that Callie's accident happened because I wouldn't be able to focus it on Liliana and Jackson.
There should be a picture of the house in the MM. Thanks for reading please vote and comment!