Chapter 77

Liliana's pov

"You did the laundry?" I smirk as I walk into the room where Jackson is folding clothes.

"Yes, I did. I figured if I did something sweet, maybe you'd stop being mad at me." He smiles kissing me as I take a seat on the bed and begin putting on my shoes.

"Who says I'm mad at you?" I ask.

"Lily, ever since we had our disagreement the other day, you've barely been talking to me." He sighs. He was right. I haven't really been talking to Jackson the past week, partially because I'm still irritated with him, but mostly because I'm not ready to tell him I'm pregnant yet and I know that I'll slip up if I talk to him too much right now.

"I'm not mad." I shake my head.

"Liar." He smirks. "Oh and don't be surprised if you see a charge for like $25,000 on the credit card."

"What?" I frown looking at him.

"Yeah, you know how the other day I said I don't spend my money on hookers and private planes? Well technically I was lying." He says.

"You spent $25,000 on a airplane?"

"Yes, for Cristina's experimental heart to get here and the board is gonna reimburse me."

"Who even has credit that high?" I

"Turns out I do." He shrugged.

"The fact that you have a credit limit that high makes me a little sick." I say. I actually did feel nauseous from morning sickness, but I was trying to hide it.

"How about we go get breakfast. Food will make you forget all about my sickening credit." He says, but the thought of food made me feel even sicker, causing me to run to the bathroom and throw up. Jackson followed behind me holding my hair back until I'm finished.

"Do you still have the flu?" He asks as I stand at the sink brushing my teeth.

"Yeah, um it hasn't completely went away yet." I lie after I finish brushing my teeth

"Maybe, you should stay home and rest."

"No, I'm fine. Let's go before we're late." I say waving him off before we leave for work.

"Hey, you gave me Nova Jenkins hippocampectomy?" I say walking into Derek's office.

"Yeah, I have to take these calls on Gdansk time. I know this is the third surgery I've given you in the last couple of days. I hope you don't mind." He says as he takes notes.

"No, it's fine. I never mind taking extra surgeries." I say taking a seat at his desk.

"So have you told Jackson yet?" He asks glancing up at me.

"No, not yet?" I sigh.

"Lily, you need to tell him. He's your husband." He says.

"I know. I'm just not ready to tell him yet, not until we work out our differences."

"Well I'm not going to push you, but you're going to have to tell him sooner or later."

"I know." I sight. "I really don't want to keep talking about it. You're my best friend, you need to take my mind off of this situation." I huff.

"Okay, we can change the subject for now. I was wondering if you could teach my lecture today. I know you're already busy with all of these surgeries I gave you but this project..."

"Derek, you don't have to explain. I know this project is taking up a lot of your time. You're juggling a lot right now and you need my help,which is what I'm here for. Yes, I will teach your lecture." I agree.