Chapter 56

Liliana's Pov

"Liliana, I just don't get why you can't tell me what's going on." Jackson sighs in frustration as we talk on the phone. We've been having this same argument for the past week since I quit without giving him an explanation or any idea why.

"Baby I will tell you eventually, but right now I just need you to trust me." I sigh.

"How about you trust me. If there's a logical reason that you've been so secretive and that you quit your job, I don't understand why you can't tell me. Your fiance, the man you're planning to spend the rest of your life with."

"Jackson, I will tell you once I can and everything will make sense." I say.

"Whatever." He mumbles before hanging up.

"Great." I mumble before walking back out to the waiting area to join everybody else. We're at Crest Capital, where we're doing our pitch to try to get them to partner with us to buy the hospital.

"This idea better work, because if I keep keeping secrets from Jackson my wedding will not be happening, because I won't have a groom." I sigh.

"This is all going to work out." Derek assures me.

"Okay, so this time, I'll do the peds and trauma stuff first." Arizona says, beginning to explain the plan we've come up with.

"And then Lily and I will go into the neuro." Derek says and I nod my head in agreement.

"Okay, can somebody else do the closing? I, I was awful last time we practiced." Callie sighs.

"No, you were fine." Arizona assures her.

"We really want to end on my flop sweats." Callie asks "Derek, you do the closing." She says and he nods his head in agreement.

"I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes. Can I get you any water or coffee?" The receptionist asks.

"No, no, I'm fine." Everyone says in unison except for Cristina and I.

"Coffee." We say. "And a bagel or something" Cristina adds making everyone look at her.

"I'm starving. This meeting was supposed to start half an hour ago." Cristina says.

"Okay, he's a billionaire. One of his minutes is worth 40 of ours." Callie reasons.

"I can't believe we got this meeting in the first place." Arizona says.

"Yeah. Nice job, Stan." Derek says patting him on the back.

"I really believe Julian Crest is our guy. He made all his money in late-stage internet mobile. Medical tech is the one area he doesn't have a foothold. Your focus on applied research, it's right up his alley." Stan explains as we listen.

"Yeah, well someone should buy him a watch." Cristina says

"Who are you calling?" I ask Meredith as I see her putting her phone to her ear.

"Heather Brooks. Mousy." Meredith answers referring to Heather's nickname.

"Wait. What are you doing? What happened to not talking to anyone?" Cristina frowns.

"I left patients behind. She's keeping an eye on them. I haven't said anything to her. I'm giving her advice." Meredith reply's.

"We're all set if you'll follow me." The receptionist says as she brings the coffee and the bagel setting it on the table.

"Oh, okay." We all say standing up.

"Leave it." I say to Cristina when I see her reaching for the bagel, before we walk into the office.