Chapter 102

Liliana's pov

"So what do you think I should do?" Owen asks me

"Ask her out. You both like each other, so you might as well give things a chance and see how they go" I say. Owen is just as unsure of how to approach things with Amelia as she is, so whenever I call him about things at work, it ends up turning into relationship therapy.

"Okay, where do you think I should ask her to go. Where did Avery take you on your first date" he asks

"We just went to Joe's. But we were young and I wasn't sure I wanted to date him so I wanted something casual so I could convince myself that it wasn't a date." I chuckle at the memory. "But that's not the case with Amelia, so how about you take her to Altura. Jackson and I love it there. It's a nice romantic Italian restaurant and I know Amelia would like it" I suggest.

"Okay. You really think I should ask her out?" He questions, uncertainty clear in his voice.

"Yeah, this isn't high school. You are adults who have feelings for each other. Instead of trying to deny it, just go for it" I shrug.

"You're right" he sighs

"Of course I am. I've been gone for 2 months and I've turned into the relationship guru who can help everyone, but herself" I shake my head.

"Things still not good with you and Avery?" he asks

"Nope" I sigh

"I'm sorry" he says

"No, it's fine, don't apologize. We'll be fine, it's just going to take some time for us to figure things out" I say

"Yeah, I know you two will get through it" he says

"Yeah, we will" I nod "Well I will call you back later. I am about to go for a jog."

"Okay," he says

"Okay, bye" I say before hanging up, then leaving the house. Every morning lately I've been going jogging, it really helps me clear my mind and it puts me in a good mood. The park isn't to far away so it doesn't take me long to arrive.

Once I get there I put my headphones on as I start jogging. I was about 15 minutes in when I felt someone approaching me and I looked over and saw Liam.

"Hey." I smile as I stop running and take my headphones out.

"Hey you. This is a nice surprise, seeing you here" He smiles.

"Yeah, I like to jog to clear my mind" I sigh as we take a seat on a near by bench

"Yeah, I like to come here too. I normally come before work, but I have today off. My parents are coming into town this evening." He says.

"Really, that's nice. I know you're excited to see them" I smile

"Yeah, I can't wait. I'm always happy to the see them now that I don't get to see them often. Maybe you could join us for dinner one night while they're in town?"

"Liam, we already discussed this. I really don't think us having dinner is a good idea." I shook my head

"It's not like that Lily. It's just, my parents will be there and you know they would love to see you and it's the least you could do after pretty much completely ignoring me for the past 2 weeks" he smirks

"I have not been ignoring you, I've just been busy" I lie. After we ran into each other at the cafe, Liam texted me a couple of times. I replied once, but  the other times I didn't just because I don't want to give him any impression of us being more then friends. I mean I don't feel like Liam would ever do anything to disrespect me or my marriage, but things with Jackson and I are already not the best so I don't want to take any chances of adding any extra drama to our relationship.