Chapter 29

Jackson's pov

It's been a week since the accident now and Lily's still in a coma. I feel so helpless sitting here watching her lay unconscious and knowing there's nothing I can do to help her. A lot has happened at the hospital since Lily's been in a coma. Alex told Hunt that Meredith altered Derek's Alzheimer's trial, which completely invalidates the trial and could've gotten Meredith fired, but Chief took the blame since Meredith only did it to help Adele and now Owen is the Chief of surgery and things between Meredith and Derek aren't really good right now. April was also made Chief Resident since everyone else was out of the running now. I know Lily's going to be pissed when she finds that out because she would've definitely gotten chief resident over April if she wasn't in a coma.

"How is she?" Derek asks walking into the room.

"She's still unconscious, but they were able to extubate her and switch her to a nasal cannula." I tell him.

"Well that means she's breathing better, which is a good sign." Derek says.

"I know. I'm just starting to worry she might not wake up. It's been 7 days now Derek," I sigh.

"She's a fighter, she's going to come back to us."

"I never knew it was possible to miss someone as much as I miss her right now. I mean I know she's still here, but I just want to hear her voice, her laugh, I want to see that beautiful smile that lights up the room, I just need her to come back to me." I say,

"She will, we have to believe that. She always makes it through. She's made it through losing her mom, George, and Izzie, she's made it through a miscarriage, and she's made it through being shot, so we have to believe that she can pull through this also." He says,

"She has been through a lot. It's amazing that through it all she still finds a way to pull it together and come to this hospital and save lives." I say holding her hand.

"It is, she keeps it together. She doesn't break." Derek says sitting beside her.

"Do you think she can hear us?" I ask him,

"She might be able to, some patients can hear while they're in a coma."

"I hope she can, I want her to know we're here. That she's not alone." I say. Derek and I continue to sit by her side as the hours pass. As I hold her hand I feel my hand being lightly squeezed.

"Derek, she just squeezed my hand." I say getting his attention.

Liliana's pov

"Derek, she just squeezed my hand." I could hear Jackson say.

"What? Are you sure?" I hear Derek ask.

"Yes, I'm sure." I hear Jackson say. My eyelids feel so heavy as I struggle to open my eyes, but I finally manage to open them a little, even though everything is blurry I can tell that Derek and Jackson are standing over me.

"Liliana." I hear them both say.

"I know it's hard, but try to open your eyes all the way for us Lily." Derek says. I feel like it takes all the energy that I have, but I manage to get them open.

"Hey sweetheart, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Jackson smiles caressing my face.

"Everything hurts." I say weakly. I don't think I've ever been as uncomfortable or in as much pain as I was in now besides for when I got shot.

"I paged Bailey, she's going to check your vitals and she can raise your morphine dosage to help with your pain." Derek tells me.

"Can you remember what happened?" Jackson asks me.