Chapter...

The Hall was dimly lit by candle chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Magnus looked out over the seats and was surprised at how many people showed up. He knew that this was a big deal ad that news crews were going to be there, but it seemed that over half of the country was packed into the Institute that afternoon. He started to get slightly nervous. I'm used to being the center of attention, he thought, but this is a little too much attention for my liking.

He and Alec started to walk down the long carpeted aisle. People where filming them, taking pictures of them, even standing up to touch Alec as he walked past. Magnus looked over at Alec's panicked face and took his hand again, giving it a squeeze. Magnus felt something strange as he did this. His heart started beating fast and he started blushing a little. He had never felt this before, and it kind of scared him. He knew that his secret would never make him feel this way, but he still got panicked all the same. What if this means someone found me out? If anyone knows what I can do, I'll be labeled a freak!  Magnus got pale as he thought this. No, this couldn't mean anything like that, this was something else. But what?

Alec looked down at their conjoined hands and smiled, just the tiniest bit. They made their way to the front of the aisle, and up to the stage where the president was waiting at a podium. Magnus let go of Alec's hand, but felt a little pang on his chest, like he was missing something.He stepped back to his place next to the curtain and sat down in the hard metal chair to watch the rest of the proceedings.

Alec was freaking out. His legs shook. His palms were sweaty, and his mind jumped rom thought to thought. Is that Mom and Dad over there? Oh God, I'm going to make a fool of myself. Wow, it's really hot in here.  Holy s*it is that the president? He's shorter than I thought. Do I smell pizza? Then he felt Magnus's voice over the din of the crowd. He instantly felt calmer.

"Your ok, It's fine. Everything is good" Magnus whispered. Strengthen by his words, Alec straitened his shoulders and walked up to the president, sitting in the chair next to the podium.

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the Union of these two souls" The president started.

Alec froze for a second, wondering if he had missed something. The audience laughed and Alec realized it was just a joke.

"Sorry, just couldn't help my self. No, we are here today to recognize the academic and athletic achievements of Alexander Gideon Lightwood. He is the first student in over two decades to receive the Miracle Child award. In order to achieve this award, a student must have straight A's and play on no less tan two varsity level sports and meet the proper score limitations set for them. Not only has Alexander exceeded the limits set for him, he has been named MVP of both the Archery Team and The MMA team!  He has been named valedictorian of his class, an has been excepted into every Ivy league school he applied to! No doubt, Alexander is the perfect recipient for this award, as it is a miracle that he was able to overcome all of the trials he faced in completing all of the requirements."

As the President droned on Magnus started to get bored. He looked around the room to see some familiar faces. There was Izzy, sitting next to Simon, who was, of course starring at some girl. Izzy herself was staring at her brother with the pride only a sister can have for her sibling. There was Alec's parents, gazing at their son, as happy as could be. Then there was Clary and Jace sitting together. They should just get together already Magnus thought with a smile, which quickly turned into a frown. Why was Clary looking so uncomfortable and leaning away from Jace? And why did Jace look like he wanted to crawl under a rock? Magnus was pondering this when he got a strange feeling in his stomach. Oh no, He thought, Not now! Not in front of everyone! I have to resist, I have... to....control it.

Magnus forced the feeling down. He couldn't explode in front of every one. He just had to get through the ceremony. Then he could sneak away for a little while and get rid of the pressure. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hide it, but he had to, for the sake of his friends, especially Alec. Magnus wasn't sure what was going on with Alec, but he knew that feelings were stirring, and he didn't know if they were good or bad.

Alec sneaked a peek behind his shoulders. Oh my God! He thought. I didn't realize just how many people were here. From his vantage point, Alec could see that every house seat was filled with tons of people standing I. the back. He glanced up at the balcony and saw that it was stuffed to the edge. That has got to be over the standard weight limit.

Then he glanced at Magnus. He doesn't look so good Alec noticed. I hope he's ok. Magnus's face was a sickly pale color and his legs were sagging beneath him. He was breathing very hard and seemed to be mumbling to himself.

Magnus caught Alec looking at him and mouthed "I'm ok".

Alec have him a small smile and turned back to the President. Wait, I'm supposed to say something after this, He realized. Alec's palms started to get really sweaty and he found it hard to inhale. The president finished up saying, "And now that I have put you all to sleep, let us hear a word from Alec himself." With that, the Audience clapped and Alec took the Presidents place at the podium.

He looked around at all the people, and started to speak.

"Friends, family, others." He got a laugh out of that one. "Thank you so much for coming to witness this milestone in my life. It was a difficult experience, and I faces many hardships. But with the help of so many people, too many to list, I got through them and achieved what I thought was a foolish wish, only to be earned in my wildest dreams. But now I see, that with great friends" Alec looked at Clary and Simon," Great Family", He looked at Izzy and Jace, and then at his father and mother, who had tears in her eyes," and the help of those.....you love" at this, he turned and looked at Magnus, and they both stared at each other, trying to figure out the emotions written clearly on each others faces. Alec continued with his speech, a tear glistening in his eye. "With all of these people, you can achieve anything. Thank You". The crowd erupted into thunderous applause. Alec returned and sat quietly in his chair. He looked over at Magnus, who had tears punning down his cheeks and was blushing fiercely.

"And now, for the presenting of the award!" The President shouted.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

A/N Here, I gave you an extra long chapter to make up for lost time. This was the most words that I have ever written, so enjoy it! Again, I don't know when the next I can update is, as my midterms start TOMORROW!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!! But for the lonely souls that is reading this, 1. Go tell people to read this and 2. don't you worry, I will update as soon as I have time not being used for studying or musical rehearsal or bowling matches or girl scouts or- ok, I am going to shut up now soooo, BYYYEEE!!!!!

Love, Bookworm❤❤❤❤📑📑📑📕📕📕📖📖📖📗📗📗📚📚📚📙📙📙📘📘📘✏✏✏✏✏✏📜📜📜📜📜📜📜