Jace

Jace was freaking out. He didn't know what to do with himself. After the heart monitor had gone silent, the entire room had gone crazy, with Izzy wailing in a heap on the floor, and Simon hugging Cary, who was weeping in the corner, and Alec and Izzy's parents screaming for help, trying to believe that Alec was okay. When the doctors got there, they immediately checked out Alec to confirm that he was dead, so they were very surprised to find Alec breathing fine with a steady pulse.

It turned out that something had malfunctioned in the heat monitor, and the doctors got rid of it. They moved Alec to a new room, and that's when Clary noticed that Brianna was missing. With all the drama going on, no one had seen her leave, and Clary was frantic that something had happen to the little girl. She'd begged Jace to help her find Brianna, but even between him, Clary, and Simon, they couldn't find a single trace of the little girl.

With Brianna missing, and Alec hurt, and Magnus still missing. Jace felt helpless to do anything. He walked around the building one more time, looking for footprints, candy wrappers, anything to show that Brianna had been there. Jace had to find this girl, find her for Clary. He needed to show that he cared.

Jace had never felt this way about anyone else, and he wanted to show that to Clary.

"Did you find anything yet?"

Jace whirled around, startled. He sighed, seeing that I was only Clary, wrapped up in a blanket to beat the cool evening chill.

"No, not a trace. I don't know where she could have gone. I mean, she's only, what. Ten years old? And she looks like a six year old."

Clary looked at the skyline, watching the setting sun.

"I'm just so worried about her. Her parents don't know where she is, it's getting dark out, and it's betting cold out. I just... I want her to be safe." Tears started to run down her cheeks again, and Jace tried to figure out the best course of action.

He hesitantly put his arms around her, and when she didn't pull away, he squeezed her tight, stroking her fiery red hair.

"Shhh, it's ok. She'll be alright. We'll find her. Maybe her mom or dad found her and took her home. It's going to be all right."

Clary looked up at Jace's face as he softly wiped the tears off her face. They stared at each other, each unsure about what would happen next.

So when Jace started to lean forward, he wasn't sure what Clary would do. But she immediately reached back and when their lips met, it was like a fire was lit, with both feeling alive, and neither one of them wanting to pull away ever again. Clary wrapped her hands around Jace's neck, and tangled her fingers in his hair. He rested one hand on her hip, the other stroking her back. They stood there kissing, as the sun went down,and the stars started to shine down upon them.

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

A/N Hey, it's Bookworm, sorry for the wait on the update, my schedule's been crazy lately, but thank you so much for 1.4K reads, you guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'll be updating again soon, and Bookworm out!