Maryse

Maryse sat next to Alec, in the tiny, uncomfortable hospital chair. She hadn't eaten in two days, or slept in three. She wasn't sure how much longer she could stand this, watching her first born child, waste away. A tear dripped down her cheek, making her blink in surprise. She'd cried out when Alec's machines had shorted, and she thought Alec was dead, but she had been unable to even keep her eyes wet enough to see properly after that. Now, the tears wouldn't stop coming. She gripped the side of Alec's bed, sobbing. Alec shifted in his sleep, mumbling. He was having that dream again, where there were demons. At least, that was what they thought he was dreaming about. He kept saying demon, and some weird word, like pare tie or something.

Maryse looked at the face of her son, her first born child, and felt something inside of her snap. With a cry of outrage, she stood up, turned and slammed her fist into the wall. Her knuckles were all bloody, but Maryse didn't care. Weeping, she slumped to the floor, unable to hold herself.

"My son." She whispered.

"My sweet little boy. Please, please, if you can here me, if you know how much I love you, how much Izzy loves you, how much your friends care about you, please, please wake up. Fight this, I know your strong enough. You can survive this, I know you can. Please. Get better."

Alec slept on.